[Mk2] [Turbo] Motec M4 or M400??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scotiamr2t

[Mk2] [Turbo] Motec M4 or M400??

Post by scotiamr2t »

Im changing up from my Apexi Power FC as it got water damaged and is not repairable so trying to decide whether to go M4 or M400!

Anyone any recommendatins and why? Its for a car that essentialy will be used on the track with the odd few weeked drives

cheers
scott
steve b

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Motec M4 or M400??

Post by steve b »

M4 is old
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
filthy

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Motec M4 or M400??

Post by filthy »

I have used both M4 and m400 on race cars and the biggest difference is the PC mapping software and data logging tools (the m400 being the more modern and useable).
The m400 has better onboard traction control software and a couple of additional obscure features. But if you just want to drive it and don't want to fiddle with the mapping or don't want to pay for the data logging then you would struggle to tell the difference from the seat.

Return to “Modifications”