[Mk2] [Generic] Headcover/Neos Design kit fitted so far (not 56k friendly)

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DARRYN

[Mk2] [Generic] Headcover/Neos Design kit fitted so far (not 56k friendly)

Post by DARRYN »

I've just managed to grab a load of pics of my car with my new border hybrid skirts and border rear spats which I purchased from Dave/Headcover at www.neosdesigns.co.uk . Dave even went as far as painting them and driving all the way up to Scotland to drop them off and give me some tips on fitting . The fit amazingly well and considering they came up painted, I couldn't afford to be modifying them to fit !! I have a set of vented wings and vented engine service panels on order along with my new mirrors being painted, should all be on in a fortnight or so if I can manage around the nbirth of my 2nd kiddo . I didn't manage to ge tthe car a proper polish, and I've not spent time on front panel gaps as I'm awaiting the replacement wings etc. I also plan to go up in size with my wheels and lower it 20mm for cosmetic reasons more than anything :) .Here's a load of pics so far>>
A BIG THANKS TO DAVE !!!! =D> =D> =D> :thumleft:
[SiG]

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Headcover/Neos Design kit fitted so far (not 56k friendly)

Post by [SiG] »

Looking real sweet there Daz, bet you're chuffed! 8)
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

looking good bud.
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

Thanks SiG, I'm never happy though . It'd look nicer with 17 inch Rota's instead of 16's ;)
I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the kit on, then I'll hopefully buy an engine cover from Racedesigns, change up my wheels for 17's with larger profile tyres and then have all the little niggly paint issues sorted .
If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have had those skirts so soon lol =D>
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

Looks very good .

Hats off to Dave - he really does the job right.

I'm liking those side skirts, may have to oreder a pair when i order the wings!
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
djlee_dj

Post by djlee_dj »

looks nice, but, is your exhaust pipe level ?

they dont look it
craig

Post by craig »

Looks nice mate :thumleft:

maybe a Jap size plate on the front?
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

Thanks for all the comments :thumleft:

djlee_dj - You're spot on about the exhaust . I need to align it better, I tried quickly to do it the other day when I was fitting the spats, but no luck . I'll wait til I have more time, and a helper and get it lined up spot on :) , It basically needs to be pulled/pushed into line and then tightened there . There are a few other wee bits and pieces need sorted on the car, but with a baby due in the next few days I can't get them all done, but I will :lol:

RedMR2 - I'm not so keen on fitting the jap plate as it would project high in front of the air inlet for the radiator, but I can see your point . It would be nice to find another way of fitting it, but I don't fancy covering the intake as I said, and where it is now looks a bit more OEM than most I've seen. I may resort to fitting brackets in the top of the intake area and putting the uk plate up top out of the way . It's a conundrum !
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

AFAIK you can run a 3/4 size front number plate as our cars are jap import
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
Turbo-G

Post by Turbo-G »

Looking absoloutely fantastic!! Thats the sort of thing I would probbably go for if I were to get kitted, minus the bonnet and bumper, id probbaly stick with the standard bumper but change the front lip.

Did you manage to get the 16" rota grids in a staggered set up or are they the same width?
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

They're 16 x 7 et 40 all round with 30mm spacers on the rears . Rota have started producing a nice drift version 16 x 8 et 10, if they get to it in gold then I'll maybe be swayed to get a pair for the rear and just add 10mm spacers on the front . Failing that I might buy the 17 x 7.5 and keep the spacers on, but I've been tooing and froing on this decision for a while. It's tough finding nice lightweight wheels to fit for under a grand !!
They came with 205 45 falkens all round so now that I've almost scrubbed the rears to death (no point wasting perfectly good tyres) I'll change to 225 45 or 225 50, giving me some more sidewall and width for comfort, traction and cosmetics !
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

Thanks for that Darryn - I'm having Dave's modified Border skirts fitted and am also getting a vented bonnet, but with Dave's SARD modified bumper. But your car gives me a good idea of how mine will look (I got red t-bar as well) - and I like what I see :twisted:

Well done mate - kit is stunning but not OTT.

And what more can you say about the quality of Dave's work =D> =D>

Rob
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

Thanks Rob, I'm looking forward to seeing your car finished. I would've liked the SARD front myself, but I have plans to have the TRD kit this year , so I'll not be taking things that far .
At least we won't look like twins :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I personally wouldnt go for anything more than a 40 profile on a 17" wheel.

I tried a 40 on my rear 18's and they looked like tractor tyres. You have to remember that the profile is a percentage of the width so the wider they are the more the profile will be.

It's a shame those wheels arent bigger or else it would look stunning btw, I wouldnt dare lower it though, you'll be dragging the kit on the ground!
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

Thanks Matt, I'm thinking of replacing the 16's with the same wheel in 17's .
I know what you're saying about profile, but as you say it depends on width as well . 245/40 and 225/45 are almost the same side wall . Although the larger the wheel then the less noticeable the side wall becomes .
I'm thinking simply 235/40/17 on the rear and 205/40/17 on the fronts would be a decent compromise, then I would have enough clearance to use a 20mm drop in spring height .
The trouble I've got now is buying 17's before I sell the 16's so that I have wheels on the car !
I'm still tempted to go 225/45 or 225/50 on the rear on those wheels and drop it 20mm anyway in the meantime :lol:
Then I should have similar rear clearance, but 20mm less on the front. But it would mean I'd have to be very conscious of speed bumps and petrol station exits lol.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Just buy a cheapo set of wheels to go between the change over mate!
Harry

Post by Harry »

nuttasie wrote:looking good bud.

Looking great :thumleft:
robbie

Post by robbie »

Your car looks stunning Darryn. Cant wait to get mine done. Hopefully in Feb. Do you think I would be able to fit the kit Headcover supplied myself? Never done anything like this before but have managed to fit that splitter I got from you.
Looking forward to seeing it all finished.
Cheers
Ann
DARRYN

Post by DARRYN »

Thanks very much Ann :D
If you need any help fitting your kit then I'll happily help out . You could probably tackle it yourself, but it's always handy for someone who's made any small mistakes before to keep you from repeating them :lol:
As long as you can get hold of a rivet tool, a power drill and basic hand tools then it'll be straight forward .
As I say, I can always take a run through and give you a wee hand if you need it :thumleft:
robbie

Post by robbie »

Cheers for that Darryn. Will be intouch.
Hows the wee one doing? Keeping you up at night?
As said before, your car looks great and the kit is stunning! :)

Return to “Modifications”