Newera Imports ??

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bry

Re: Newera Imports ??

Post by Bry »

quigonjay wrote:if there are as many problems as you say and they have offered a refund, i would personaly take them up on the offer

Agreed,take a refund :!:
Watch out OZ here I come !!
craig

Post by craig »

Bry wrote:
quigonjay wrote:if there are as many problems as you say and they have offered a refund, i would personaly take them up on the offer

Agreed,take a refund :!:

I third this.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience mate.. :(
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Thanks for your posts guys. I am rapidly coming to that conclusion too. ar$e! Just when I was getting used to that straight line power too...until I get to 4th and things get crunchy anyway!

I hope they'll still offer me one - depends on two things:

1) whether they'll pay for the extra £500 I spent for it's preparation (Cat 1 alarm, foglight, waxoyling etc)

2) whether they'll reply to my emails!

Thanks for taking an interest - I am still amazed by what a great community this forum is. Someone, somewhere always seems to reply!
craig

Post by craig »

no prob mate, all the best and hope it works out for ya!
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

Update:

Just had an apologetic email from Tom at Newera - they are going to pick the car up and have a look what is wrong with it and hopefully sort it out. I hope my faith in their company may yet be restored! =D>

Will post something positive as soon as I know.

Cheers again.
Newera

Post by Newera »

A customer has alerted me to this thread, so I feel I should post a response with regard to John Matchling's car.

John sent an e-mail to my colleague Tom Robinson on 6th November. It wasn't addressed to myself. Tom forwarded it to me and I told him to get the car collected from the customer so the problem with 4th gear and A/C could be looked at and put right.

It seems Tom didn't contact John Matchling in response to his one e-mail of 6th November(for which he got a a right rolicking for as soon as I found out - when receiving an e-mail from John just one hour ago..).

After 6th November s I heard nothing more from John, being in Japan - I simply assumed Tom had carried out my instructions and the problem resolved - Until I received an e-mail today!

To say Newera doesn't respond to your e-mails is unfair, John - as I haven't had any from you except the one received one hour ago.
The previous one on record was that received on 6th November by Tom and not myself. Surely you could have contacted me first and given me a chance to respondbefore posting on this forum?

When something is genuinely wrong, we bend over backwards to put the matter right if a customer has a genuine problem with the car we've not found and do so in a friendly and helpful way.

De-Niro69:

As for GTTMANIA on the GT-R forum, he's been banned 3 times there and once on the GT-4 forum too.

He's received his car some time ago, but we did nothing more than our duty to complete his car and deliver it as described. No goodwill gestures, no extra help at all. After all, he went out of his way to try to damage the reputation I've worked bloody hard to build over 8 years.

If you can be bothered to read through his ranting, you'll see why he was banned from the forums (All of his posts on the GT-R forum go on and on with the same comments, despite responses from Newera and other people). Not all people in this world are all that reasonable, unfortunately. Some are just out to cause trouble. It's your perogative to believe what you will. A lot of people recommend Newera openly - I don't think this comes from lack of customer care, nor is the fact we're still here since 1998. How many other import companies are still here since 1998?

As I am currently on holiday in Cambodia with my wife and travelling back to Japan tommorow, I won't be posting any replies here for some time, but felt I should say something here in Newera's defence.

Best Wishes & Happy new year!,

Miguel
Last edited by Newera on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newera 1

Post by Newera 1 »

Hi all.

Indeed apologies are in order.
It was one of those things where I thought it was being dealt with; and I was supposed to be- and I did forget about it so nothing has been done for a while.

As people have previously said it's a rare thing for a car we supply to go wrong, especially as it has recently arrived. We'll arrange collection and have a look...
Of course we will do all we can to get it sorted out.

I understand your position totally John- rest assured we'll do what we can.

Tom
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

Newera 1 wrote:Hi all.

Indeed apologies are in order.
It was one of those things where I thought it was being dealt with; and I was supposed to be- and I did forget about it so nothing has been done for a while.

As people have previously said it's a rare thing for a car we supply to go wrong, especially as it has recently arrived. We'll arrange collection and have a look...
Of course we will do all we can to get it sorted out.

I understand your position totally John- rest assured we'll do what we can.

Tom

=D>
jmachling

Post by jmachling »

In response to Miguel's post:

1) I didn't say you don't respond to emails, just that I had waited weeks for a response from Tom and that I was currently awaiting a response from you. I treated any email to either of you as an email to Newera Imports - I wasn't really fussy who responded. The salient point is that at no point since my email to Tom last month was I made aware you were prepared to do anything. Having received a read receipt for the email, I assumed nothing was going to be done.

2) It has not been my experience that you 'bend over backwards' to sort out problems, until now that is. The mis-description of the car and its lack of boost controller was dealt with in a very much 'take it or leave it' attitude. I have a number of emails on the topic and bending over backwards wasn't the tone or content I got from any of them.

Maybe it's just me, though. I am sure there are many pleased MR2 owners out there who can jump to your defence on this one, and I'd be glad if they did. All I wanted to do when I came to your company was get the best car I could for my money from the most reputable company I could find - I'd be far happier knowing I was right in my initial decision to choose Newera.

Tom: Thanks for having the decency to admit some fault here, and sorry you got your ear bent over it. I've emailed you regarding getting the car picked up etc.

In the interests of fairness, I will certainly keep this thread up to date with the resolution of this situation, and as I said, I hope to be able to post something positive in due course.

Many thanks for your responses.
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

....So you mean, stripping the engine down, fixing the internals in the gear box if necessary, and possible new clutch and re hauling the slave cylinder?? Plus the air con condenser...You have a good mechanic? sounds like 3 days work.

££££££££ :mrgreen:

(than just looking at it!) I recently had all this done on my car and boy does it feel like new! Im not a customer btw, =;

But... in years to come when I can afford 2 tanks of fuel a week on a turbo I will be enquiring,

Vin.
Tom Solan

Rev 3 Carr Blue

Post by Tom Solan »

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your problems with your new car :(

Always tricky buying sight unseen.

If you do decide to go for a refund then I have two Rev 3 cars in Carribean Blue in stock, a coupe and a T Bar. Both 1995 cars. Have a look at our website-www.nvicars.co.uk. By the way we've been importing MR2 Turbos since 1996 and have 20 in stock right now, which can be seen and test driven before you part with any of your hard earned.

Regards

Tom
de_niro69

Post by de_niro69 »

De-Niro69:

As for GTTMANIA on the GT-R forum, he's been banned 3 times there and once on the GT-4 forum too.

He's received his car some time ago, but we did nothing more than our duty to complete his car and deliver it as described. No goodwill gestures, no extra help at all. After all, he went out of his way to try to damage the reputation I've worked bloody hard to build over 8 years.

If you can be bothered to read through his ranting, you'll see why he was banned from the forums (All of his posts on the GT-R forum go on and on with the same comments, despite responses from Newera and other people). Not all people in this world are all that reasonable, unfortunately. Some are just out to cause trouble. It's your perogative to believe what you will. A lot of people recommend Newera openly - I don't think this comes from lack of customer care, nor is the fact we're still here since 1998. How many other import companies are still here since 1998?

Miguel take a chill pill before you damage yourself, did you once see me type anything bad about newera,
I merely just posted something that was on another forum......
agentturbo

Re: MR2

Post by agentturbo »

Tom Solan wrote:Sorry forgot to add we have 7 arriving this week and all Rev 3 and 4 cars!!

Hi Tom I was the guy who came down with TOPGUN to veiw your blue rev3
but do you have any rev5 turbo's for sale!!!!
Cliff

Bakerman

Post by Cliff »

Your not looking to sell up already are you Carl?
Tom Solan

Rev 5 Cars

Post by Tom Solan »

Hi Carl,

Sorry no rev 5. Unless a rev 5 car is already in the country you won't be able to get it in. Cars registered/built after 1/1/97 need a model report and there isn't one for MR2. I have considered getting a model report done, but the amount of cars available in Japan doesn't justify the expense. Latest car I have in stock is Dec 96 Rev 4.

Cheers

Tom
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

On a slightly off topic note if you keep bringing those mint NSX's in i might just be forced to buy one :(
jmachling

Re: Rev 3 Carr Blue

Post by jmachling »

Tom Solan wrote:Hi John,

Sorry to hear of your problems with your new car :(

Always tricky buying sight unseen.

If you do decide to go for a refund then I have two Rev 3 cars in Carribean Blue in stock, a coupe and a T Bar. Both 1995 cars. Have a look at our website-www.nvicars.co.uk. By the way we've been importing MR2 Turbos since 1996 and have 20 in stock right now, which can be seen and test driven before you part with any of your hard earned.

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

I think I'll stick with what I have for the time being if it's going to be sorted out, but thanks for the offer. If things don't work out, I'll come and see you!

I must say, you seem to be doing pretty well from this thread - shrewd...veeeeeeeeery shrewd :wink:
Newera

Post by Newera »

John,

I work long hours to do my best to give the best service I can but I am also human and despite my best efforts fatigue causes mistakes sometimes.. For your car I used a description from another MR2 and modified the text to describe your car specifically, as writing a long description of essentially the same spec of car is done more efficinently that way. With regard to the issue on the boost controller, Yes, I made a genuine mistake and mixed your car’s spec with a white one sold at the same time - I remembered a boost controller fitted to an MR2 which I assumed was your's but turned out to be a white example we had, in fact. (I trust you can appreciate it’s not easy to remember every single bit of information on a car)

We discussed this and I explained we don't make a vast profit on cars, so I could not pay around £400 for a boost controller and fitting. By the same token, if a customer inquires about a car and asks me to fit a part of this value for free I am unable to agree such.

I apologised and offered you an immediate refund which you declined. I thought this matter was put behind us and an agreement made? So why dig it up?

Also your recent post above led me to believe I made a mistake on my description and described it with suede seats and 16" wheels, but upon checking the link below works just now, I see the original description doensn't say anything about the car's seats (Various pictures show it's got cloth Recaros) and only mentions Rev 4 alloy wheels. Nothing about 16" wheels at all....So I'm a bit confused? :silent:

You can see a total of 60 clear picture slideshow and a full description on our website's sold stock of this particular MR2, including a full set of interior pictures, engine, etc:
http://www.neweraimports.com/soldcarDet ... ?carId=145

Top spec cars are hard to find in Japan, which is why Newera only has a few MR2's in stock at any time. As I feel sure you will agree your's is a superb example in terms of it's condition, rare spec, etc.

As part of preparing each customer’s car, Gareth needs to drive each car some 30 miles to an MOT station & back and drives the cars fairly briskly, so any possible faults are usually discovered. He would usually have found the gearbox / clutch hydraulic problem you’ve described, especially if 4th baulked on every gear change up or down at higher revs. I also drove the car in Japan and found no problem at the time, although to be fair I drove it around 2-3 km only in Japan. MR2’s are usually comparatively very reliable, indeed this is the first problem we’ve had with the gearbox. The Auction sheet also states no problems with the Air Conditioning, so we had no reason to suspect it didn’t work.

Had you taken the car back as soon as you noticed something amiss, it could have been checked and a quick and painless resolution put in place. For example, parts could have been ordered after diagnosis and sent from Japan so you could have driven home with only need to return to put the matter right.

As it is now, the car needs to come back to Gareth to first be diagnosed, then if necessary, parts may need to be ordered from Japan. Although we will complete any necessary repairs as soon as possible, I hope you’ll appreciate there may be a delay if parts need to be sourced and sent from Japan. I feel I should tell you this now, just so we’re both clear.

As the car wasn’t brought back within a short period of time, we cannot be sure the gearbox problem hasn’t developed since the car was completed, so I could say this is a matter to be dealt with through the warranty supplied with the car. At this point I have chosen to give the benefit of the doubt and make arrangements for the car to be put right at Newera’s expense if necessary - so there's least hassle for you. In any case, it sounds as if it may be the clutch master cylinder / slave cylinder that’s got a worn diaphragm meaning the release lever is not pushed fully when the clutch is depressed – simple wear and tear that’s not likely to be hard to put right. Please also note we have not asked you to bring the car back, but intend on picking up the considerable cost for this ourselves. Having a car collected by transporter from near Bsitol and bringing it to near Brighton is going to cost around £300.00

I hope you’ll appreciate now this is not the conduct of a company that doesn’t give customer service as you’ve intimated publically on the forum. If you put yourself in my shoes, perhaps you’ll also understand I’m genuinely trying to resolve the matter, not shy away from it.

Frankly I think your making this a public matter is not helping matters as I then feel the need to respond on here and defend my company.

First and foremost I put integrity before profit, but this could have been resolved a hell of a lot more amicably and with much less fuss and frustration for both parties had you just contacted me directly at least ONCE to let me know something was up before making this conversation public.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Thanks to everybody for putting their views across, if you have a problem with a particular company or service, please discuss it via PM or e-mail before airing it on a public board.

Please don't make us lock this thread - thanks!
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”