how can i stop the car from twitching when i hit redline

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

QUOC2008

Re: how can i stop the car from twitching when i hit redline

Post by QUOC2008 »

jimGTS wrote:dont hit the limiter!

](*,)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Believe me im trying not too

This stuff never happens on grand tourismo 6 dam i should have never sold my ps3
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
Rev5GT

Post by Rev5GT »

I found a solution for you and it will cost you £0 ...!!

Stick your floor mat all the way up so it gets under your accelerator pedal. That way you wont go all the way up to the limiter :mrgreen: :thumleft:
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Rev5GT wrote:I found a solution for you and it will cost you £0 ...!

Stick your floor mat all the way up so it gets under your accelerator pedal. That way you wont go all the way up to the limiter :mrgreen: :thumleft:
:thumleft:

Brillant good idea problems solved... thank should try that with the brake pedal aswell manual abs right :thumleft:
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

Can i suggest not to worry about how much power you're producing (or how much anyone else claims their car produces), or trying to work out why your car is twitching - bouncing off the limiter isn't very kind.

from the look of the money you've spent on the car, spend 1/10th of that on driver training and you will get a LOT more out of the car.
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

gavsdavs wrote:Can i suggest not to worry about how much power you're producing (or how much anyone else claims their car produces), or trying to work out why your car is twitching - bouncing off the limiter isn't very kind.

from the look of the money you've spent on the car, spend 1/10th of that on driver training and you will get a LOT more out of the car.

True words gavdavs... these thing r hard to drive with lots of power im driving around and just change before full boost comes in... its more then enough at the moment. Until someone trys to race u and u always cant resisst... bad bad i wont do it until i gain skills becos im no good. Should of keep the mr2 na that why so easy to drive at its.limit.
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

http://www.carlimits.com/
North Wealds aint far from you and you get a big square of tarmac near an airfield to go nuts on. Can't recommend it highly enough.
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

Aww wicked defo i will try that place out thanks
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
MartinF

Post by MartinF »

If you have a rev counter and a shift light and your still hitting the limiter then the only real solution is training.

As others have said, regardless of the 'twitching' hitting the limiter all the time is not good for the engine, especially when cold. So if your change you LSD you'll still be left with other issues.

You do know that the accelerator is not a digital control? I.e. It does have more states than fully open or fully closed :lol:
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

MartinF wrote:If you have a rev counter and a shift light and your still hitting the limiter then the only real solution is training.

As others have said, regardless of the 'twitching' hitting the limiter all the time is not good for the engine, especially when cold. So if your change you LSD you'll still be left with other issues.

You do know that the accelerator is not a digital control? I.e. It does have more states than fully open or fully closed :lol:

NO WAY... Lol i thought it was a on and off switch... HEHE i have been driving my evo too long got to get use to throttle control again...
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

QUOC2008 wrote:
MartinF wrote:If you have a rev counter and a shift light and your still hitting the limiter then the only real solution is training.

NO WAY... Lol i thought it was a on and off switch... HEHE i have been driving my evo too long got to get use to throttle control again..
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

Keep the 2 way LSD
Your problem can be solved with the ecu, speak to your tuner.
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

tottacrolla wrote:Keep the 2 way LSD
Your problem can be solved with the ecu, speak to your tuner.

Thanks rs tunning mapped it to be honest i think they rushed the map as its running very rich and stalls when starting in the morning... didnt sort the charger cooler with enough water and air was trapped causing hot temps still made 445bhp at 1.4bar but its working... :/

Ok sounds like a remapp
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
tottacrolla

Post by tottacrolla »

"Honda deliberately adds extra fuel after 8400 RPM (the stock S2000’s power peak) to drop the Air/Fuel Ratio down into the 10s. This artificially limits the power peak to 8400 RPM instead of the engine’s true peak flow potential at 8800 RPM – where 8-12 more horsepower is available. Honda does this to reduce the likelihood of an average owner bumping into the fuel cutoff at 8900 RPM"

An example of what a manufacturer does, not saying its right in your case but gives you an idea.
QUOC2008

Post by QUOC2008 »

tottacrolla wrote:"Honda deliberately adds extra fuel after 8400 RPM (the stock S2000’s power peak) to drop the Air/Fuel Ratio down into the 10s. This artificially limits the power peak to 8400 RPM instead of the engine’s true peak flow potential at 8800 RPM – where 8-12 more horsepower is available. Honda does this to reduce the likelihood of an average owner bumping into the fuel cutoff at 8900 RPM"

An example of what a manufacturer does, not saying its right in your case but gives you an idea.

THANKS FOR THIS INFO IT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE...
MR2 REV 3 TURBO 450BHP
3000GT VR4 TT 500BHP
EVO X FQ360
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Didnt read everything .. sorry .. set your shift light for peak hp .. shift then :thumleft:

Didnt read all posts I suck .. I know :oops:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”