My Rev4 2GR-FE V6 Mk2 For Sale

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

uglee

My Rev4 2GR-FE V6 Mk2 For Sale

Post by uglee »

It’s with a heavy heart I have decided that I can no longer justify hanging onto a car I barely use one weekend a year! With that in mind I’m strongly considering selling the car and currently seeing what interest there is in it and feedback as to I keep it complete (much preferred) or break it for the considerable amount it’s worth in bits.

The car is a Rev4 G-limited hardtop. When I bought it, it wasn’t in the best of shape having being barried up and was close to being scrapped. I’ve basically done a restomod and done 90% of the work myself including all the wiring up. Since most of the work was carried out the car has covered barely 5000miles

Engine:
2GR-FE 3.5L VVT-i originally from a Toyota Highlander, circa 5K miles when I received it and has now done approx 10K miles.
Custom intake and MAF pipe
Gouky stainless manifolds
Gouky custom engine mount (excellent quality)
Completely custom Y-pipe and exhaust made to my own specs. Cost £600 from AAS in Newcastle who are regarded very highly and done approx 1K miles. Sounds beefy but volume levels are low so as not to attract too much attention.
PWR alloy radiator (very rare and expensive to get hold of)
Alloy radiator shroud and double fan setup
Walbro fuel pump
Aftermarket FPR
Engine with original poor Y-pipe and Fujitsubo exhaust the car dynoed at 270+hp@the wheels, I suspect it will be much better with the new exhaust setup. Shall try and find the Dyno sheet. Most conversions have made around 325hp@the fly. This is on 95RON unleaded and on a run can return upwards of 35+mpg. Needless to say she absolutely flies with effortless pace no matter what gear you are in.

Transmission:
Rev2 Turbo LSD gearbox. Approx 110K miles on it and throughout the 10 years in my possession and 3 different engines it has been driven by, it has always been regularly serviced with no crunches.
Rev3 LSD ABS driveshafts (current ones are knocking but will change for spare set I have upon sale)
ACT 6 puk Clutch rated up to 500hp
Fidanza lightened flywheel

Chassis:
Turbo struts bought new from TCB
PI lowering springs (originals still available as they are rather stiff)
New balljoints all round
New droplinks all round
New TRD front topmounts
New strut bootcovers
Prothane polybushes everywhere
New inner and outer steering tie rods
CRN grooved and zinc plated brake discs all round
Mintex pads all round
18” BBS LM 8J ET35 Front with Kumho Ecsta KU31 215/35/18 Tyres (approx 5mm tread remaining)
18” BBS LM 9J ET35 Rear with Kumho Ecsta Sport LE KU39's (KU31’s discontinued) Covered approx. 1000 miles and have 5mm+ tread remaining
The BBS alloys were refurbished by myself with new powder coated centres and new stainless bolts all round. The odd place where they have been lightly curbed but will blend them out and polish back up on sale of car. I spent 5 years+ trying to find these alloys with this offset.
Powder coated Rev3 subframe

Exterior:
Basically standard exterior as I like to keep it fairly subtle.
Turbo engine cover (works well with the layout of the 2GR)
Clearcorners.com custom Rev3+ LED rear lights. Only set in the world to my knowledge and if you check the price of them can probably see why. Needless to say I love them.
Clearcorners.com front LED sidelights.
Engine lid gas ram

Interior:
Recaro Speed half leather seats with specific SW20 frames. These are not seats made for another car or custom frames. Never seen a set in half leather for the MR2 or in this pattern either.
Full dashboard retrim in grey Alcantara and silver stitch carried out by Edge Automotive
Full Alcantara retrim of centre tunnel and cubby box
Full Alcantara retrim of doorcards
Alcantara with silver stitch gearknob boot
Nappa leather with silver stitch retrimmed gearknob
Nappa leather retrimmed steering wheel

Bad points:
It’s a 97 shell so really unless you have a friendly tester you’ll struggle to get it through the emissions come MOT time. However I have made provision in the exhaust system for a catalytic converter to be put in where the pre silencer currently resides. Testing on the emissions it’s actually below the Cat test levels but one needs to be fitted in order to pass for some reason.
The rear of the sills have been welded up for MOT, they are now solid but could do with either properly blending in to the rest of the sill or have sideskirts fitted. They aren’t too noticeable as they are but again something to be aware of.

I’ve tried to keep the original factory paint in as good order as possible but the perfectionist in me would want it resprayed. There is no rot in the doors or anywhere else but over the years it has picked up dings/scrapes etc. It’s not terrible and anyone who has seen the car will see it as perfectly presentable car, but prefer to be honest on the shape of it.

Driveshafts are knocking but will be replaced with good used set I have upon sale of the car

Other Stuff:
Car comes with 10 months MOT

It’s available to view anytime, drives will only be granted on full proof of comprehensive insurance and as I’ve only got approx a week at home till I’m offshore for 4 weeks it will only be available for pickup mid-end Oct. I’m based just South of Ayr approx 50mins from Glasgow airport and 20 mins from Glasgow Prestwick

I’ve a file with hundreds of pictures of the work carried out and receipts for most of the parts purchased. If anyone requires any more details please post up or message me. It’s a good solid car that over the next 5 years should want for nothing as pretty much everything that wears out or gets tired has been replaced. It has some unique and expensive mods that I think sets it above the usual Mk2’s out there at the moment.

I'd be looking for £6500.

Quite a few pictures in my garage with an idea of money spent on the car and on my photobucket album:
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/ ... ?start=all

Also here is how it stands after I went for a drive a few weeks ago:
Few more:
Please note pictures show airbag dash unfortunately it's a standard retrimmed dash after I had problems with original retrimming and couriers managed to wreck it. New one is still to be delivered and fitted but been assured it's perfect.

Thanks for looking!
jack-p

Re: My Rev4 2GR-FE V6 Mk2 For Sale

Post by jack-p »

:shock: I've been watching your thread on this car and it is actually one of my favorite mr2's, I can't believe you're selling it! I would say that is an absolute steal and worth far more in my opinion, I hate to say it but you'd probably make more in parts :-#
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

+1 to the above I'm amazed your selling. Your car is one of the reasons that I started looking at doing an engine swap :shock:

This is a real steal for someone at this price
I'm sure it will be snapped up :thumleft:

If you do happen to break it (I really hope you don't but that's usually where the money is) consider this as dibs on the dash, centre console, door cards, etc... Basically all the retrimmed stuff :thumleft:

GLWTS
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
uglee

Post by uglee »

Cheers fellas, I realise it's worth considerably more in bits however I really would like to keep the car in one piece.

Currently have someone who wants first refusal whilst he figures finances and although the money would be handy I'm not in a massive rush to sell to the keenest breaker :thumleft:
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Wow very nice, interior is gorgeous GLWTS
craig

Post by craig »

Cracking car. Shame you're selling :(
synXero

Post by synXero »

It would be such a shame to see a car like that broken.

Hope it sells.
ayresyboy

Post by ayresyboy »

Can I have second refusal?!?! (If there is such a thing :lol: ) PM sent
Marf

Post by Marf »

So much want. So little cash :|
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

OMG Lee! :shock: Honestly, just for a split second there I started doing the mental arithmetic of how much I could get for the Nissan and the RX7 shell and the engine and stuff I've got lying around :lol: Can't believe you're selling!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

Hi Lee,

I remember following your build thread ages ago and was massively impressed by this car. I'm amazed that you're selling it, but if so I'd like to place my own dibs.

Can you PM me your number and I'll give you a call this evening to discuss, arrange a viewing etc

Thanks
Damien
Last edited by Rustyracing on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

worth every penny :thumleft:
if only :(
uglee

Post by uglee »

All PM's replied to

I've been into MR2's for the last 12 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. I learnt a lot and enjoyed building up the car to what in my mind is now a fairly unique Mk2 but doesn't shout about it!

But no point keeping a car built to be driven sitting in the garage squaring off the tyres and flattening the battery after been left for so long. Time for someone else to enjoy it.

I may well come back to them at some point when the little one gets older and probably a Mk2 of the Spyder variety. Who knows might fit the engine that currently resides in my new car :D

Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

PM'd back :)
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

excellent price for that, like the rs6 too
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Wow Lee, cracking car and cracking price mate. Don't know whether to wish you good luck with the sale or not :-k
samhemmings5

Post by samhemmings5 »

awesome car mate wish i had the funds! given me some idea what to do with the inside of mine when shes up and running again.
Ta
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Can you post up some pics of the engine bay please?
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

check the photobucket link - OP has more than enough pictures there :)
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

nairy fuff'

Return to “MR2s for Sale”