Some pics....finally...

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

flak monkey

Some pics....finally...

Post by flak monkey »

Seeing as the weather was good and I had some spare time, I thought I would give the Mk1 a wash and take some pics....

Could do with a proper clean and polish really, but times running a bit short at the moment. Plus I really want to get the engine bay cleaned up and tidied, looks like it might be a long job though.

My major problem is I seem to be putting a lot of miles on the car, which I dont really want to be doing...

David
IanClements

Re: Some pics....finally...

Post by IanClements »

You're in the same position as me a while back when my 2 was my only car and I had to use it for work. I bought myself a 106 diesel for £300 and the 2 only comes out on sunny days now, needs cleaning about once every 3 months.

I actually spent less on cars last year because of the fuel saving and it gets better as fuel prices rise. I'd guess you need to do at least 10k a year for this to work though.

You car looks good by the way. :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Yeah I don't like putting mileage on mine, I've done 26k in 13 months :(

You have the same problem as me with the rear bumper. It doesnt line up properly :(

Rest looks good. I don't like the fact the pinstripes aren't there :(
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:Yeah I don't like putting mileage on mine, I've done 26k in 13 months :(

You have the same problem as me with the rear bumper. It doesnt line up properly :(

Rest looks good. I don't like the fact the pinstripes aren't there :(

I would never have noticed the rear bumper didn't line up unless you had mentioned it and i agree with you, i think the pinstripes set the car off better but still a very tidy looking Mk1 :D

PS, i see it has the good looking Jimi bracket :)
coverco

Post by coverco »

Pinstripes are not needed, the lines look better IMO without (I have removed all mine) :thumleft:
Photo opportunity
Looks really tidy, don't worry about the bumper they are quite easy to alter if it bothers you, just loosen the top and bottom strips move and fix :)
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Looks good - I really like them in white, saw one at the Garage yesterday as I had to take the Yaris for a service and thought the same then.

Did you use anything fancy to clean it, or just normal car wash?
My girl is a MK1(b) Sunroof Model 1.6L

I'm a female MK1 driver.
donna

Post by donna »

Looks lovely 8)
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

the bump strips are gone too,looks much cleaner in my opinion,im also de-swaging mine for an even cleaner look.
flak monkey

Post by flak monkey »

It had a professional re-spray a few years ago, hence the lack of pinstripes. I prefer it without anyway!

I should realign the rear bumper really, it looks worse in that photo than it does in real life! Lol. I will look into it next weekend.

To clean, did it with clay bar and 3 step about 5 months ago, could do with another going over really. Wash it with Meguiars NXT which is excellent.

Thanks for the kind comments chaps :)

David
LukeQuake

Post by LukeQuake »

She's looking really good mate! :) Glad to see that she's in good hands!
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

David, nice looking condition on that car!

PW@Woodsport wrote:the bump strips are gone too,looks much cleaner in my opinion,im also de-swaging mine for an even cleaner look.

I'm not sure about the de-swaging. Saw this on a car at Tatton, Kirsty's SC I think, and I think it makes the car look a bit boxy. More boxy than it already is. Not sure on this one. Each to their own I suppose but definately individual if there are few around.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”