[Mk2] [Turbo] st205 charge cooler fitted!!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sw20dan

[Mk2] [Turbo] st205 charge cooler fitted!!

Post by sw20dan »

Fitted a st205 c/c last week, thought id upload some pics of the car at the same time.
The c/c install itself is pretty easy to do - the most difficult thing i encounted was fitting the HUGE st205 rad upfront, i can confirm it is possible, so long as you can live without fog lights!

I don't have any dyno results to confirm but the addition of the c/c has turned my tubby into a (torque) monster :shock: does it shift now!!
Without a doubt the best mod i've done so far. There is a very noticable reduction in spool time too, so im very impressed!!

Thanks to Munnsy for suppling the c/c kit at a very reasonable price 8)

PICS

And a few of the car - rev 3 turbo

Image[/img]

On a side note i also weighed the car at work, its 1161 kg now. I have done a fair bit of weight reduction to the car but the entire c/c install (inc fluid) only weighs 8 kg more than the intercooler + all that piping + brackets :D
diycinema

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] st205 charge cooler fitted!!

Post by diycinema »

very nicely done! :D
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

great news bud, glas you liked, kinda wished i kept it now :cry: :thumleft:
sw20dan

Post by sw20dan »

diycinema Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very nicely done! :D

why thank you sir :lol:

I took some pics of the build process too - so i'll get them up, show you all how well the piping actually fits a mr2!
sw20dan

Post by sw20dan »

cheers Munnsy - it really looks like it grew there! 8)

-at install i changed leads, plugs, dizzy, rota so hopfuly it won't need disturbing for a while....
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

\:D/ :clap:

You have a sweet looking 2. Are those Bomex sides? Engine bay looks awesome too 8)
My mate Chris (Chr15py on here) has recently had a 205CC fitted to his and I agree, it's a great mod. Much more responsive engine now.

Good work chap
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

i got one to go on mine \:D/

cant wait to have mine fitted

think im gonna paint mine white but wanna try and get hold of some stickers like what it says on the black ones the 2000 twin entry turbo wanna try and make it look kinda stock although white prob wont do it lol

nce looking car mate keep it up :thumleft:
sw20dan

Post by sw20dan »

thanks for the pos replies folks :D

mattcambs - think your right, about being bomex sides. (they were the only part on the car that i havent changed since buying it) :lol:

LiamTye - come on get cracking mate, the c/c totaly transforms the cars performance (especially at 1.2bar 8) ) Is this the lettering your on about? - if so its a stick on sheet you can get from mrT (p/n 11286-88480)
I toyed with the idea - but decided against.. Painting the core white with that sticker too, would look 8) me thinks!!

Any dyno run days planned around north notts/south yorks sort of way soon?
LiamTye

Post by LiamTye »

im having kcc near me fit it so gotta save for that but hopefully should be done next month but cant wait

goona wait till i have had it fitted to paint it cause mounting brackets need cutting dont they then goona lag it again

yeah that is the lettering i meen will get a sticker made up there are plenty of places round here than can do it
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

you running higher boost?? got a boost gauge?
noticed it increasing/increased boost?

looks nice....

but how on earth you get the car near 1160kg? :shock:
TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

just got round to fitting my 205cc as well mate, easily the best mod i have done to the car.

:thumleft:
2003 Leon Cupra R, stage 2 Jabbasport remap to 280bhp

MR2 now sold :(
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

on the dump valve ^^ best to point upward ? as air is travel from bottom and out the engine bay cover

and i take it, it is after market bumper not stock, or you also try stock bumper ?,

and did you brough the chargecore new from toyota ? i hear they are $$$
sw20dan

Post by sw20dan »

jimGTS Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you running higher boost?? got a boost gauge?
noticed it increasing/increased boost?

looks nice....

but how on earth you get the car near 1160kg?

Jim - yeah, running 1.2 bar on Decat, Mongoose exhaust, ARC airbox, Blitz boost controler, HKS boost gauge... oh yeah and 205 charge cooler :lol:

RE - the weight reduction, i have removed all the gubbins i don't use ie Aircon (broken anyway) + rad and pipework
All the cast iron engine brackets/hoists....15kg worth!!
Frunk and trunk linings and trims+ metal frame in frunk
Spare wheel + toolkit
Firewall carpet in cabin
Stock wheels swapped for slightly lighter enkeis
Sound proofing from floor in cabin
Fog lights
Engine lid undertray
Front and rear impact bars (modified) - i don't advise you remove these!
Lots more LITTLE bits - all that adds up to a loss of around 100kg from when the car was imported
sw20dan

Post by sw20dan »

SFLee Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:06 pm Post subject:

on the dump valve ^^ best to point upward ? as air is travel from bottom and out the engine bay cover

and i take it, it is after market bumper not stock, or you also try stock bumper ?,

and did you brough the chargecore new from toyota ? i hear they are $$$

i knew someone would comment on the dumpvalve - its on the other way up because i have no undertray on my engine lid.
That causes two problems - rain can go straight into the d/v if it points straight up
And also it makes it farrrr to loud when i change gear at full whack!!

It sounds cool the first few trips - but soon becomes very annoying having a d/v thats that loud, it kind of blend into the rest of the engine noise the 'wrong' way up :lol:

The bumper is stock, i had to mod it and remove a few inch from the inner lip to clear the st205 rad, so while i was at it i added two verticles eiter side of the number plate, meshed it all up. Got rid of the old number plate holes and also smoothed the badge holes at the same time

And no i did not buy the c/c from mrT - he's a robbing xxxxxx

TheSi Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:23 am Post subject:

just got round to fitting my 205cc as well mate, easily the best mod i have done to the car.

Agreed - Best mod ever mate :mrgreen:
Chumbaside

Post by Chumbaside »

I took some pics of the build process too - so i'll get them up, show you all how well the piping actually fits a mr2!

Hi, install looks awesome :thumleft:

I too have a white Rev3 tubby and an ST205 core and pump waiting to be fitted. Do you have those install pics at all? It would be great to see how / what you used in terms on piping etc. It looks so neat - just how I want mine :D

Cheers

Mark
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

hey yeah get the pics up maybe add it into the knowledge base?

Return to “Modifications”