Black S-reg Rev5 uk n/a t-bar for sale now £2500 [SOLD]

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

magic_alex

Black S-reg Rev5 uk n/a t-bar for sale now £2500 [SOLD]

Post by magic_alex »

TWO AND A HALF GRAND PEOPLE, IM NOW OFFICIALLY GIVING IT AWAY!

UPDATED 24th November '08

Ok looking to sell this car again as im after something more comfortable and suited to long distance motorway driving.

Car now has 105k miles and needs attention to the paintwork due scratched bonnet and flaking paint on the rear bumper which i cannot afford to have repaired. It also has a niggling front suspension rattle which im going to try and get sorted if possible.
Price is now £2995

Going to try and get up to date pictures on here this week.

Any questions give me a shout

Original post below
-
-
-
Hey people
Unfortunately the time has come for me to part company with my mr2 due to me being given a company car, id love to keep her but i cant justify paying for a car im only going to use a couple of times a week if im lucky

its an astral black rev5 uk spec t-bar, i think im the fifth owner and she has just over 105k miles with full service history and off the top of my head i think its got about six months tax and mot left on it.

its currently fitted with koni adjustable dampers and 40mm springs and a blueflame with de-cat. These will be removed over the next couple of weeks and ill be selling the car completely standard except for the 57i kit as i dont have the original airbox system.

im looking for £2995 for a couple of reasons other than needing a quick sale

1. a previous owner had the car fully resprayed from sonic silver to completely astral black, however the rear bumper has some paint flaking away and i havent got round to getting it blown over & dont have time to get this done before selling it. Incidentally i have pictures of this respray in progress that show it wasnt done to hide any crash damage.

2. Ive had to replace the orignal drivers door as my ex-gf reversed into it creasing it down the middle. at the time i was a bit short of cash & managed to get a replacement door cheaper than it cost to have the dent repaired - the fit on the door is fine but it needs some adjustment which again im too busy with work to really spend any time messing about with.

Other than that the car is completely straight, very reliable and hasnt really given me any problems

Oh yeah over the summer i replaced dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs & fitted magnecor leads.

If anybodys interested in a rev5 for a rev 3/4 price then please get in touch asi really cant be arssed putting this on ebay & autotrader. PIctures and pistonheads ad to follow soon

cheers

ill take more pics soon - this is all i have to hand at the moment

UPDATE
Latest pics taken today - car now for sale and completely standard except for 57i kit

UPDATE
Just passed MOT and taxed for another six months
New pads fitted all round (the only thing needed to pass the mot)
Now has 100k on the clock
Last edited by magic_alex on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Rosssco

Re: Black S-reg Rev5 uk n/a t-bar for sale now £2500 [SOLD]

Post by Rosssco »

Thats a good price for a Rev 5.

Free bump
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

might aswell give it away... you desperate to sell or something?
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

welsh_mr2_kroozer wrote:might aswell give it away... you desperate to sell or something?

im not "desperate" for a sale however due to me having a company car now the mr2 has been unfortunately relegated to weeked car status which to be honest doesn't do it justice. I hate seeing it sat outside my flat in the rain five days a week the car deserves better. along with that I can't justify the expense of insurance and loan repayment on a car im now driving for about an hour a week - if im lucky!

ill be very sad to see her go but the hard fact is that the monthly outlay she incurs can be put to far greater use

in summary I've priced the car to (hopefully) achieve a quick sale as the last thing I want to do is slap a £5k plus price tag on the car and still have it sat in the car park in three months time. im also well aware that this car is not a minter & does have a two minor faults that the new owner will probably want to rectify so I've made allowances for that accordingly, I feel that is only fair.

incidentally I will be fitting a new battery and fan belt as a precaution next week and im hoping to have suspension rattle investigated at some point as im woried it could be either a worn engine mount or arb bush. I've also forgotten to mention that the car has strut braces front and rear (cusco style front & standard xtype at rear with an extra cross brace) and I also have a front & rear arb poly bush kit that I haven't got round to fitting that ill of course lob in with the sale.

any other questions by all means drop me a line.

Finally I would like to add that im not looking to negotiate on this price as I think its more than fairly priced

cheers
alex
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

its a very generous price... if i didnt have an mr2 myself i would buy it, but i put my rev4 uk spec up for sale for 6k... its expensive coz hopefully someone might want something mint and cheaper to insure than an import which is all i see for sale at the moment. plus i have spent over 3k on the car in the last 2 yrs...

good luck with the sale mate, i hope you get people bidding on it instead of walking away with such a bargain
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

cheers mate much appreciated and good luck with your sale too. I've put a lot of thought into my asking price & like I said I just wanna price it fairly to move it quickly & allow the buyer room to put right the few niggling issues it currently has that im too busy to rectify.
paul_4xxxx

Post by paul_4xxxx »

how much do you want for the blueflame exhaust and coilovers?
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Must say this is a nice Rev5, I had the pleasure of having a little drive of it to see how firm the ride was, really felt like a new car! Good buy...
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

SwissHeavy wrote:Must say this is a nice Rev5, I had the pleasure of having a little drive of it to see how firm the ride was, really felt like a new car! Good buy...

Cheers Josh much appreciated :thumleft:

Also people I forgot to mention also that I had four new tyres fitted before christmas & had a four wheel lazer alignmen done at the same time for good measure.

Toyo T1Rs at the back & Goodyear HydraGrips on the front (mytyres were out of stock on front T1Rs & I was desperate for new boots so had to miss out on a full set) still loads of tread left of course.

alex
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

welsh_mr2_kroozer wrote:how much do you want for the blueflame exhaust and coilovers?

to be honest i have no idea what the going rate is for these items second hand so ill do some research and post these as seperate sales once i know what kind of money i should be asking for them

incidentally they arent coilovers they are the Koni SSK adjustable dampers with 40mm lowering springs. Ill be selling the suspension as a bolt on kit so you'll get four struts with the koni inserts and springs along with top mounts and drop links so the can be fitted directly to the next car in no time at all.
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

Car now fully available and completely standard except for the 57i kit as i no longer have the original air box system.

Ive decided to try it at £3700 as there still seems to be a lot of rev5s and even some rev4s out there with more miles going for more than £4000

any questions drop me a line.

alex
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

nobody interested at all? i m going away in a month id like to have this sold before then if possible
:-k
andy@mr2

re car

Post by andy@mr2 »

Is that a tubby engine cover or is my eyesight really bad.
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

yeah i originally had plans to drop a beams or v6 in there and managed to get a tuibby lid cheap - i cant decide whether to sell with the tubby lid on it or the n/a lid infact i can throw the other lid in free if anybodys interested. The na lids in better condition actually so i may but it back on. having said that i think the tubby lids look better
:-k
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

johnnymr2

Post by johnnymr2 »

Why do these only seem to come up when im offshore ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

johnnymr2 wrote:Why do these only seem to come up when im offshore ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

im not exactly inundated with enquiries mate
:(
magic_alex

Post by magic_alex »

im open to sensible offers - surely there must be somebody who needs a rev5 at a decent price right now?!?!
](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
vinnyl

BLACK N/A

Post by vinnyl »

I AM looking for a rev 3 turbo and hope to get one this w/e as on hire car at moment very impressed with urs do u have interior pics and what bhp is putting out presume around 180 also whats ur best price as didnt intend and basically dont have this much to spend
magic_alex

Re: BLACK N/A

Post by magic_alex »

vinnyl wrote:I AM looking for a rev 3 turbo and hope to get one this w/e as on hire car at moment very impressed with urs do u have interior pics and what bhp is putting out presume around 180 also whats ur best price as didnt intend and basically dont have this much to spend

This isnt a turbo mate its a uk spec N/A but either way 3500 is my best price and a bloody good price too i would say. Ive had a change in circumstances which means if the car doesnt sell ill keep hold of it til summer - its still for sale but im not prepared to give it away!

incidentally i can take more pics next week when i am back in the country

Return to “MR2s for Sale”