[Mk2] [Turbo] Opinions on wheel colour change and photoshop request!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2Crooky

[Mk2] [Turbo] Opinions on wheel colour change and photoshop request!

Post by 2Crooky »

I am thinking when i get my wheels refurbished, i should change them from silver to something else!!

I am on the hunt for making my car as aggressive looking as possible without adding any sort of bodykit or spoilers. The wheels don't really do it for me in all silver so i was thinking of changing to deep gold centres with a mirror lip(not really an aggressive look lol)......or completely black!! Including the lip itself 8) :twisted:

Could someone please photoshop my car with the wheels all black and the wheels with a gold centre??????? :pray: :pray: :pray:

Alternativly if you think silver looks best then please let me know your thoughts.

Alex
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Opinions on wheel colour change and photoshop request!

Post by Jaspa »

Personally I like the silver, looks so much cleaner IMO.

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

shiny wheels are best, they make the car look cleaner
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

Shiny black :wink: \:D/

I am not bothered about 'making' the car look clean. The paintwork is in fantastic condition and the exhaust looks like new so all i need to cap it off is a wheel refurb.......

I'm just worried if i go gold with mirror lip that i won't like it. Loads of peiople go that route so its quite common too. I have not seen that many deep dished wheels done all black before?!?!! So am intrigued!!

Any other colours to throw into the mixer??! :thumleft:
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

PINK!!!!!!! :thumleft:
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

No matey leave as they are, car looks amazing as it is, wish mine looked that clean :mrgreen:
Greddy-Matt

Post by Greddy-Matt »

Bronze? or gloss black centre polished lip? 8)
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

you wona be different, centers colour coded green...

dont you dare paint alloys like that all black... :evil:
(and no black and polished lip, thats mine! :mrgreen: )
Harry

Post by Harry »

Advan RG gold tone will look good but only the center part not the trim and studs or dish black will be aggresive!

Luke has his Gold and looks stunning on his black MR 2! 8)

A fan of all silver against a white MR 2 but as said does look great as is? :)
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

LIGHT gold centers with polished lips theres a thread on here about a guy puting the apexi livery on his car, look at the wheels in the photoshops in there that combo of colours would be undescribably cool. 8)

seriously that will be drewl worthy. :thumleft:

and equally seriously, jim gts is also right, =; painting those rims black would constiture grand sacralage of the highest degree [-( taking works rims and making them look like halfords specials [-X

your car is a nice example and those are nice wheels but the silkver jsut doesnt work to its full potential. dark gold ie bronze is kind of cliche been and done by lots of clio owners... and scooby owners.... etc...

light gold is lush, looks like alot of money, and you dont spend alot of money on wheels for a doss car so the light gold wheels are actually a very assertive statement kind of makes your car say hey look at me im a serious bit of performance kit, im a classic sports car, and am deservedly treasured so dont even think about it.....

where black wheels on that car woould send out the message, hey look at me I've got a loud noisy exhaust and a car alsmot as old of me and i look like a spotty teenagers et dream, Im getting some max power stickers when i get paid for my paper round.
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

Interesting comments dude lol!!

I am swaying to the idea of light gold with mirror lip or deep gold with mirror lip!! Anyone do a photoshop for me???!

I know the thread you mention......It my mates car Matt and it would look the balls with those alloys.

My only reservation is that these wheels can look a little like bk299 which are a budget alloy wheel, they are most commonly seen in silver or light gold :?

I think if i went deep gold centres like Luke's car(Skywalker) then that would still look cool and be different!!

Fair comments on the black finish lol, i just wanted it to look uber aggressive....
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

crooky, another thought for you to be different and aggressive would be mid grey metallic wheels. on my commuter, a slightly beat up black g ltd auto, im currently rolling on enkeis from a civic type r, they are a mid grey metallic, duller than the typical aluminium silver paint applied to most alloys, and every time i look at the car i cant help but notice how purposeful they look.

as a thought, crown do a feature wall emulsion which is the sort of gold we are talking about here, why not paint one pair of wheels centres ith that, if you dont like it it will scrub off with soap and water or a pressure washer, but it woul elt you see the colour on the car?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

why not go black chrome!

not quite your usual silver, but i had my old volks refurbed like this! have that, oh they look different but why feel to them.

rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

the suspense is killing us..... what colour did you decide?

Return to “Modifications”