[Mk2] [Generic] how to convert rev 3 UK rear light pattern to JDM light pattern

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

simmo490

[Mk2] [Generic] how to convert rev 3 UK rear light pattern to JDM light pattern

Post by simmo490 »

allot of people are wanting to do the 4 light mod on there rev 3 lights, however for the people with uk rev 3 rears you cannot do it as the UK ones have the fog light built in to them.

with fog lense on the left

i was bored today so i went about changing my UK rev 3 to JDM (without fog)

1st i heated the oven to 100 degrees and put one light in for about 5 mins.

then i put a large flat blade screwdriver between the red plastic and the black and pulled firmly to prise them apart.

do this nice and slow putting back in the oven now and again to re heat the glue. these are very stiff but keep at it and they will come, the lenses are actually quite fleiable when warm

now u will see the fog light lense on the inside, simply unscrew the 2 screws and take it out.

now put both parts of the light back in the oven and heat up. take them out of the oven then put a little silicone on the joins and press the light back together

THERE U HAVE IT JDM REARS READY FOR THE 4 LIGHT CONVERSION
-:[KM]:-

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] how to convert rev 3 UK rear light pattern to JDM light pattern

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Damn you Simmo....

I've bought some JDM lights to replace the UK ones last week. Now look what you've done #-o

Mind you, if you knew my culinary limits, it's probably a good idea I didn't try.....

Can't find the 100degree button on my microwave anyway :clown:
Rowland

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] how to convert rev 3 UK rear light pattern to JDM light pattern

Post by Rowland »

Ok now we need the idiots guide to carring out the 2-to-4 rear light conversion.
Chop chop lol

:wink:
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

will get on it mate
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Rowland wrote:Ok now we need the idiots guide to carring out the 2-to-4 rear light conversion.

Well there's 3 of us who have contributed in one thread, you must be able to make sense of at least one of them :lol:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ake+lights

O:)
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

This is a good thread,I will have to have a bash as the pair i purchased ended up not being pair.1 is jdm and 1 is UK #-o :( .

Whats 100 degrees in gas mark (anybody) :-k
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

sent the pannel yesterday mate. its quite easy to do, it seams the glue dont wanna come apart but keep it heated and pulling slowly from the edge to the inside and it will come.

simmo
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

1/4 of a gas mark, so less than one.
nuttasie

Post by nuttasie »

cheers leeroy and thanks simmo for sending the panel so quick.
craig

Post by craig »

Nice work simmo, never realised that was possible :D
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

neither did i, i was bored and fancied a bit of cooking :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

simmo490 wrote:neither did i, i was bored and fancied a bit of cooking :lol:

PMSL, and on tonights menu............

rev 3 light cluster for starters :lol: :lol:
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

any chance of "how too" ing this
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

you can submit it to the kb, must be worth cleaning it up when you dump the text in there... go to the kb forum and it should be self-explainatory.
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

edit
craig

Post by craig »

Anyone saved the pictures that were on this thread?

Seperating the UK lenses to remove the fog lense?

Much appreciated. :thumleft:
simmo490

Post by simmo490 »

sorry i took a while been away with the rents in law!!

craig

Post by craig »

Cheers Simmo! You're a star :clap: :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”