DC's GTS Turbo. *PICS PG 6*

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ducatichick

DC's GTS Turbo. *PICS PG 6*

Post by ducatichick »

Not much done to her at the moment but I have bought a 1993 late rev2 GTS turbo.

A bit ropey on the outside but she has straight bodywork, no rust (as normal) and a small fag burn, but asides that she has a few nice tidy mods which can be viewed in "my garage" :tongue:

I am very impressed and after installing a new clutch I've established she is rather fast?! Not just standard fast which is nice. \:D/

I will get some pictures up as soon as I can but she is garaged 40 miles from where I live so I rarely see her as I potter around in the steel mist N/A. 8)
I will keep everyone informed of the progress as I have alot of plans for her. :twisted:

A respray is first on the list but I'm not sure what colour to go (as normal lol) :-k

It will obviously have my signature "black roof" like both my old mk2's had but I'm toying with the main colour...any suggestions would be nice-it of course has to be a factory colour. :thumleft:

As said-I will update post with pictures as soon as I have time to get them-working 6am till 8pm is a PITA!!!! lol. ](*,)
Last edited by ducatichick on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Leon.

Re: DC's GTS Turbo. *PICS PG 6*

Post by Leon. »

:ttiwwp:

Sounds like you're gonna have some fun there :twisted:

Re. colour of the lower body, how's about azure blue, zircon blue or goodwood green, or even cosmosblue :eye: ? Less common colours and would suit the black top me thinks??
EarL

Post by EarL »

Pics chick! :thumleft:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
greeny

Re: Well, most remember my BEAMS, but now I have a new toy...

Post by greeny »

ducatichick wrote:

As said-I will update post with pictures as soon as I have time to get them-working 6am till 8pm is a PITA!!!! lol. ](*,)

far too many hours! :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

Looking forward to the pics :D
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

you going Astral black then with metallic flecks for the roof?

:twisted:
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

Sidewinder wrote:
ducatichick wrote:she will still be recieving a full respray though as shes got some manky scratches. :tongue:

Hmmm...where have I heard that before...? :wink: :lol:

He he lol-I will post the pictures up soon-The scratches are awfull if you are standing by the car-looks like they have taken to tounching them up with a paintbrush-as opposed to one of those touch up pen thingy that halfors sell-they are bad enough but my scratches look AWFULL :(

Theres quite a few-1 on the roof. some on the rear 1/4 - rear arch. bonnet etc so I may aswell just blow over her completely while I'm there. :thumleft: Nothing like spending too much £££ ey lol

Harry wrote:
ducatichick wrote:well I've decided to stay white and add the black top roof.. :tongue:

I promise I'll update with pictures soon, going to take some of the whole respray process too so (hopefully early new year) she'll be tidy enough to grace the roads of the uk..

Then on to tuning..... :twisted:

Hey Becci 040 white i'm feeling it... 8) :thumleft: :D :mrgreen:
and black yummy. :lol:

Yes my dear you are 100% there, metallic black roof like the beams had then she's on for tuning.

So i'm joining the "sexy white '2 crew" pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :tongue:
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

Sidewinder wrote:
ducatichick wrote:So i'm joining the "sexy white '2 crew" pmsl

It's an exclusive club for the best looking MR2s on IMOC, y'know... :wink: :lol:

Lol well I wouldn't say she is worthy yet- especially with what I call the (oi oi) spoiler on the boot :roll: lol

I will be registering her at the end of next month and then she will be on the road.

She "hunts" slightly on tickover though so I will get that checked as soon as she is fully legal and I am not on Alpha MR2's number plates 8-[ :-$ :tongue: :thumleft:

Well heres the pics I've been promising...

craig

Post by craig »

Nice car! are you keeping the carbon wing? If so are you removing the side pieces of the original spoiler?

:-k
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

Hey Red, thanks hun. I will be taking the metal spoiler off and leaving her spoilerless untill I have decided which spoiler to go for.

I have carefully chosen the kit and will get her sprayed after i've bought that, then I will see which spoiler suits my choice of styling.

I think thats the easier way to go-as either way I will have to have the location holes filled so i may aswell just get it done while the spray is being done-saves trying to colour match and stops 2 x trips to the bodyshop lol.

Thanks for your comments.. :mrgreen:
kimbo1982

Post by kimbo1982 »

Alrite!

Im sure this is going to turn out to be an animal of a 2!

Is ben doing the paint job by any chance? he's a good little painter is ben, he's come along way.
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

Yes indeed, ben will be doing the respray. I only trust dave and ben to do any kind of paintwork I want carried out as i have seen how damn good they are at it.
I will be getting it in the bodyshop as soon as I have purchased the kit for her-I've decided to modify this tubby slightly, i've dont the secret wepon MR2, so time for something slightly more "look at my car" :oops: :tongue: 8-[ \:D/ lol

Hopefully...fingers crossed, I will have a kit by the end of next month-so by the middle of march she will be subtly modified, with a nice new lick of paint and registered and on the road...whoop whoop :mrgreen: \:D/
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

MRD skirts are lush, my fav along with TOM's 8)

Can't go wrong with a Dep Pro either :twisted:
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

ducatichick wrote: I have just purchased (ahem..Off imoc I may add :whistle: :wink: ) A Phoenix power Departure II Exhaust, MRD side skirts and Some HKS adjustable Cams.. =P~

Nice little purchases imo \:D/

I cannot wait to get her rolling :tongue: \:D/

WTF!! Where was i when these were for sale.....BU88ER! White's gonna be the colour for 2007 !!!!!!!! \:D/

Ur making me jealous with all these mods :(

Alex
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Well done on you I say. Look forward to seeing u at some big events this year! :)
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

SwissHeavy wrote:Well done on you I say. Look forward to seeing u at some big events this year! :)

And the same goes to you my dear...I will be on the road by mid march...roll on :mrgreen:
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

Well more progress as of last night...

The metal rear spoiler has been removed and so has the exhaust (ready for the new one)

Once I have collected it it will be fitted immediately and I will post pics. of before/after.

It wasn't quite the smooth removal like anticipated though...the guy who took it off decided it would be a wise idea to put the keys (the only set i have to my car/garage) in the boot of the car. Then...decided to close it.!

The interior release decided not to open the boot, and the result is as follows... :cry:

I'm not too happy though as I can see I'm leaking gearbox oil and the box has been apart while in japan as the cases have been split apart... :-k Hopefully its just the shaft seals and I can replace them...
Also looks like my sump is leaking :roll: ](*,) great! just what I need :neutral: Think I can do that but not ideal-at least I can access it easily now though that the exhaust is off I suppose :lol:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

ducatichick wrote:the guy who took it off decided it would be a wise idea to put the keys (the only set i have to my car/garage) in the boot of the car. Then...decided to close it.!

Muppet :roll:

I xxxx myself that one day I'll do the same accidentally so now keep a car key on my keyring, and one loose which I use mainly - as I have to lock/unlock my garage door with the engine running...

You didn't have a spare then? 8-[
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

Leeroy wrote:
ducatichick wrote:the guy who took it off decided it would be a wise idea to put the keys (the only set i have to my car/garage) in the boot of the car. Then...decided to close it.!

Muppet :roll:

I xxxx myself that one day I'll do the same accidentally so now keep a car key on my keyring, and one loose which I use mainly - as I have to lock/unlock my garage door with the engine running...

You didn't have a spare then? 8-[

nope no spare lol :lol: 1 x garage key & 1 x car key-time to get spares cut i think :lol:
ducatichick

Post by ducatichick »

well i can say that i've now decided to change the colour of the car to a non standard colour :eye:

and its also rather...ahem... bright \:D/ \:D/

Return to “Member Profiles”