Lamb anyone? or lambda question/ ECU pinout and wiring

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

masterbateson

Lamb anyone? or lambda question/ ECU pinout and wiring

Post by masterbateson »

I am off this week so have the opportunity to do a bit of Car piddling.

One job I wanted to do is check the wiring for the Lambda sensor.

Also could we clarify/confirm that there is only 1 lambda sensor??? :-k And the 2nd jobby that looks like a lambda sensor is just a temp sensor?

If i was to take a guess I'd say the top/higher sensor is a temp sensor as it seems to be only 1 wire and the t'other one lower nearer to flexi is the lambda as it has 2 wires???????

Could someone possibly help confirming the pinout for both sensors on a rev2 turbo and if possible confirm the colour code for the wiring.

The top of theses two sensors has a broken wire and I am unsure where to reconnect it.
I have reconnected it to where I think it came but i would like to check with a meter.

Any help would be very greatfully received. :thumleft:
SonicSW20

Re: Lamb anyone? or lambda question/ ECU pinout and wiring

Post by SonicSW20 »

As far as I am aware, all UK, European, and Japanese Mk2's have one lambda only. I seem to remember reading that US cars have two, I don't know for sure though.

UK NA's do not have a temp sensor in the exhaust. turbos and Japanese NA's do, it controls the catalytic converter overheat light on the dash.

You can find the wiring diagrams in the repair manuals here - http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/198/80372.html
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

Ta 4 that mr gazza! :thumleft:

Im going to take a piccy to show the bodged wiring thats worrying me .
Mr2Owner

Post by Mr2Owner »

masterbateson wrote:Ta 4 that mr gazza! :thumleft:

Im going to take a piccy to show the bodged wiring thats worrying me .

Did you manage to test the lambda sensor? Did you use the method in the toyota manual regarding using an analogue meter?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”