Refitting oem air box - which hoses go where? Pic included

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr2Owner

Refitting oem air box - which hoses go where? Pic included

Post by Mr2Owner »

I'm trying to put my Mr2 back to standard, previous owner had aftermarket Bov and Induction cone filter. I have the Bov back on, but I'm trying to fit a standard oem airbox which is in the pic below. I think i'm missing some hoses for the air reisivor section? Also I don't know what connects where in regards to the red, green and blue arrows in my picture. Can anyone tell me, or even better provide a pic to the hoses I'm missing, etc...

Am I correct in thinking that one of either the red arrow or the blue arrow ends doesn't have a hose connected to it and is left open to let air in?

Cheers folks :)

Ps: My car is a Rev 3 turbo Jap import

Mr2Owner

Re: Refitting oem air box - which hoses go where? Pic included

Post by Mr2Owner »

Does anyone have a picture of their standard resonator box pipes or even better, have the pipes I'm missing for sale?
psummers

Post by psummers »

The pipe with the red arrow is the end left open to air:

Blue goes to green. I don't believe there was a hose, it just pushed in if I remember correctly.

Sorry I can't help more, I no longer have my mr2 :cry:
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

hi mate, just popped down to my garage to take a few pics hope they help you out. I think you've got everything needed doesnt look like there are any missing pipes. You just have to arrange them as shown in my pics:

Sorry going to have to copy each link in full into your browser bar

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F ... hoto%2cjpg

Hope this helps

Auzzam
Mr2Owner

Post by Mr2Owner »

@Psummers + auzzam - Thanks alot for that info and for taking the time to get pics, managed to get it all fitted in there earlier today now that I knew in advance where everything went. :thumleft:
auzzam

Post by auzzam »

Mr2Owner wrote:@Psummers + auzzam - Thanks alot for that info and for taking the time to get pics, managed to get it all fitted in there earlier today now that I knew in advance where everything went. :thumleft:

Youre welcome! Glad to know they helped :thumleft:
David00

Air Resonator box for Mk2 Rev 4 N/A

Post by David00 »

I'm trying to do the same - refit the original stock airbox on a Mk2 Rev 4 N/A to replace the induction kit that was on the car when I bought it.

But I don't have the first part - the resonator box and pipe that feeds air into the air cleaner. It's the large chilli-pepper shaped box that has one fixing on the firewall. Shown as parts #5 & #6 at www.oemautopartsandaccessories.com/cata ... 99632a4cd/. Part numbers 1789374120 and 5281117030.

Think I've found one online. But have also read in a few places that this first section is not required for Rev 4 onwards. Is that true? And if so, what should then fit into the inlet in the air cleaner box with the rubber seal?

Thanks,
David.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”