Link G3 mappers and pre-map recommendations.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bezly

Link G3 mappers and pre-map recommendations.

Post by Bezly »

Hi all,

looking for a mapper to sort a link G3 out, when it arrives. I have a local garage who will do it, but I'm thinking there might probably be a place more suited for an MR2? Let me know if you know of one!

Also, what should I get done before the map? I have new oil coming and new sparks. I'm currently running stock everything except Apexi Induction, Berk Downpipe, Nur Spec Exhaust, GReddy Intercooler.

Got a decent boost gauge, but that is it.

Any advice will be valuable.

Cheers
Bezly
93' Red Mk2 Rev3 Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: Link G3 mappers and pre-map recommendations.

Post by Ryan S »

Bezly wrote:Hi all,

looking for a mapper to sort a link G3 out, when it arrives. I have a local garage who will do it, but I'm thinking there might probably be a place more suited for an MR2? Let me know if you know of one!

Also, what should I get done before the map? I have new oil coming and new sparks. I'm currently running stock everything except Apexi Induction, Berk Downpipe, Nur Spec Exhaust, GReddy Intercooler.

Cheers
Bezly

get yourself a set of 800cc SARD injectors, or at least be on the lookout for them, They are a direct swap for stock, Also a 255lph fuel pump. It'll future proof your fuel system for when you eventually decide you want a bigger turbo :D
Bezly

Post by Bezly »

Cheers chap!! Will be on the hunt!! :cyclops:

:thumleft:
93' Red Mk2 Rev3 Turbo
archangel

Post by archangel »

I'd recommend Adrian at Fensport. Would also get an electronic boost controller so you can increase boost and have the map configured to run it safely well within injector limits without any detonation.
Rev1 Tubby, Garrett GT3071R, Motec M4 EMS, 880cc delphis, Rev3 turbo port polished built head/cams/titanium retainers, shim under buckets, HD springs, etc., rear bumper mounted intercooler, and vanilla air freshener.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:
Bezly wrote:Hi all,

Cheers
Bezly

get yourself a set of 800cc SARD injectors, or at least be on the lookout for them, They are a direct swap for stock, Also a 255lph fuel pump. It'll future proof your fuel system for when you eventually decide you want a bigger turbo :D

Spot on, +1
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Just get a boost solenoid. The link ecu can take a switch/dial to control boost :thumleft:
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

**** I was going to message you this evening and buy the Link Sheppy ](*,) :lol: Shows how popular it is tbf
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

CalMac wrote:**** I was going to message you this evening and buy the Link Sheppy ](*,) :lol: Shows how popular it is tbf

Sorry bud, Belzy did message me first about it. I 'might' have another for sale so I'll PM you first before chucking it on here :thumleft:

I have a G4 but i want £900 for it (what i paid for it)
Bezly

Post by Bezly »

Cheers guys, just got off the phone to Fensport, and they are not doing Link at the moment. Which is really annoying, as it's only an hour away from my house in Norwich.

http://www.ap-tuning.co.uk/

These guys are near me, does anyone know about them?

If not, any other ideas will be ideal!!

EBC will be in the post. Thinking Go Fast Bits G-Force 2. Heard it's quite good.

Cheers
Henry
93' Red Mk2 Rev3 Turbo
Bezly

Post by Bezly »

Bezly wrote:
http://www.ap-tuning.co.uk/

These guys are near me, does anyone know about them?

Scrap thet, they don't do links either.

Not going well.
93' Red Mk2 Rev3 Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Dynatune in east kilbride. Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash had his done there :thumleft:
Bezly

Post by Bezly »

Cheers Sheppy.

Just got off the phone to two different mappers who deal with Link.

Eurospec who are the cheaper of the two are looking at an in and out in one day, pre-map run, map, and post-map run.

Indigo who are slightly more expensive want it in for 2 days, to go a cold start on it. And to be honest, just that procedure seems more thorough.

Any opinions on which I should go for? If you have been there, even better.

Cheers
Bezly
93' Red Mk2 Rev3 Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah deffo go with the latter place, you can cut corner in loads of places but mapping is the one area you simply can't. A bad map can destroy an engine in seconds.

I'm surprised both places never offered a cold and hot map!
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Abbey Motorsport "do" Link just i don't think their knowledge on Toyota engines is high. This is equally as important.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

sheppy wrote:Dynatune in east kilbride. Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash had his done there :thumleft:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's exactly how it should be said every time :thumleft:

Long way to travel up to east kilbride but Chris at Dynatune really knows his way around the Link systems.
I'll be going back up to him in a couple of months for a map 'tweak' once I've bolted my new manifold and turbo on :mrgreen:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”