Newb - 4age kit car

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

smithy4564

Newb - 4age kit car

Post by smithy4564 »

Hi,

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't see a dedicated newby area. I've got a 4age powered kit car. Long story short I've been upgrading it over time and have now got to the engine. I've got a gas flowed and ported cylinder head and some 272 duration cams which are going in while the car is stripped down over the winter (with no windows, doors or roof the recent weather hasn't been much fun!).

With the car being a hodge-podge of ford and toyota parts forum knowledge has been vital. I've tried a few different forums for 4age expertise and this looks pretty active with mk1 mr2 owners so I thought I'd join up and say hello.

I tried adding a gratuitous pic but computer said no! Anyway it's a 7-a-like called a Tiger Cat (same look as a Caterham).
Quigonjay

Re: Newb - 4age kit car

Post by Quigonjay »

welcome to the club
sounds an interesting machine
you will need 15 posts before you 5an post pics
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC :D

Looking forward to pics. 15 posts req'd or premium membership.
smithy4564

Post by smithy4564 »

Ha 15 posts shouldn't take long, I've got loads of questions! I suppose the build thread for the head might be a bit boring though...but I can leave that for a while.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm thinking about going mid engined with my next car and at the moment you can't beat an mr2 for the money. My preference is for a mk1 with a 3sgte. I used to own a celica gt4, the thought of that engine in a car weighing not much more than my kit is crazy.

Return to “Member Profiles”