MK1a Front Bumber Reinforcing Bar Needed Please...

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

j0nathan

MK1a Front Bumber Reinforcing Bar Needed Please...

Post by j0nathan »

...mine has rusted away to nothing. Does any one have one of these illusive little $%^&$% hanging around and want to get rid of it. :?: :?: :?:
stevenb

Re: MK1a Front Bumber Reinforcing Bar Needed Please...

Post by stevenb »

Toyota sell them brand new for £130 vat included.
most on ebay go for about £70+ in ok condition........I'd rather fork out the extra £60 and have a gleaming one.

I'm asking a fellow IMOC'er if he still wants my old one. If he doesn't I'll let you know.
Its in very good cond apart from it's bent slightly at one end and the bracket has cracked which was a result of a small accident.
I kept it as my car was insurance repaired and I kept all the bits they were going to throw away.

Before you think...oh dear no thanks...it's really not that bad. I could get a pic for you. I've even stood on it and it's solid. :D there is very little rust indeed. All the bracket mounts and holes are solid.

It'll be cheap mate....£10 plus p+p.
You could straighten the bend (it's only very minor indeed) if you wish but it'll fit straight in with no probs.

Just awaiting this chap to reply though. :wink:
System-G

Post by System-G »

Sorry Jonathan, I am still having Steve's main bar...

Keep your eye on ebay as a few pop up from time to time or as Steve said, get a new one from MrT.
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
j0nathan

Still Wanted - Mk1a front bar

Post by j0nathan »

It is looking more and more like a MrT purchase this one. I have never seen a Mk1a front bar on eBay - lots of rear bars and a couple of Mk1b's!

Thanks for the update on Steve's bar though.

J0n
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

If you haven't already done it I have one - just a little surface rust but in pretty good nick. PM me if you're interested.
T
j0nathan

Front bumper bar.

Post by j0nathan »

tonigmr2 wrote:If you haven't already done it I have one - just a little surface rust but in pretty good nick. PM me if you're interested.
T

PM Sent
alanf_uk2002

Post by alanf_uk2002 »

Hi folks. I'm also after a reinforcement bar for my Challenge car so if anyone has one please let me know!

Thanks

Alan
abnmr2

Post by abnmr2 »

I could have sworn it was this forum I used to post on back in 2001 but maybe not as I don't appear to exist and hence I've re-registered.

Anyway, I’ve got a couple of Mk1 MR2s, one of which came with a load of spares which include an almost pristine MK1a bumper bar (no good to me as both my cars are Mk1b). I’m looking for market rate on this as I need to fund rear arch repairs so it’s going on ebay tonight for a ten day auction but I thought I’d let you know.
p_j_smith

Post by p_j_smith »

Looks like I need a rev b bumper bar as just got mine off and it's the UK 15year old lightweight version :( , so same question if anyone has a good late type one they want to sell on.

On the subect, somebody spoke about doing repair peices for these, did these ever get off the ground??

Cheers

Peter
abnmr2

Post by abnmr2 »

If anyone is interested, I finally got round to listing mine on ebay :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4580787286

Cheers,

Robert.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”