Where can i get/Does anybody have..Clutch alignment tool (spline type)? Urgnet!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RyanRs

Where can i get/Does anybody have..Clutch alignment tool (spline type)? Urgnet!

Post by RyanRs »

Need one to align a twin plate clutch (exedy), need it before sunday and i cannot find anywhere in the uk that sells them! there like a tenner and no one over here stocks them :s

Unless someone can show me otherwise?

Alternatively has anyone got one to lend? i can pay in beer if wanted?!

P.s. ... or if someone has a nackerd gearbox and is willing to chop the input shaft off, that would work also?!
Kinsy

Re: Where can i get/Does anybody have..Clutch alignment tool (spline type)? Urgnet!

Post by Kinsy »

I was going to say just use a 19mm socket...but twin plates would be a ballache! What about getting your hands on a old gearbox's input shaft? Would do the same job...
[edit] ah, nice edit there about the input shaft :P
Lefty1991

Re: Where can i get/Does anybody have..Clutch alignment tool (spline type)? Urgnet!

Post by Lefty1991 »

Have you had any luck finding an alignment tool because I'm in the same situation as you now.
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

No, but i have managed to get a hold of an input shaft after a local mr2 owner very kindly blew up his gearbox at a car show last weekend :D

Tbh i think the best option would be to order one from summit racing in usa and wait the couple of weeks for it to show up :/

Btw, you only need it if you have a multi-plate clutch.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”