suspension upgrade

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dan840

suspension upgrade

Post by dan840 »

Time has come to replace the front suspension as its all bu88ered so im wondering wether to go with new standards or maybe time has come to ugrade it. what suspension set up does everone else have
BlackpoolMR2

Re: suspension upgrade

Post by BlackpoolMR2 »

I was driving with Black Billies on Eibach springs and just changed to BC Coilovers and the ride and handling of the car is a million times better. The ride is nowhere near as harsh as people make out. And it works out cheaper than buying all new shocks, top mounts etc.
synXero

Post by synXero »

BC coilies are really tempting me as well right now. Them or Meisters. They get a bit of a cheapo branding but by all reviews I've read, for other marques too, they seem favourable.

I am on stock NA shocks and Apex lowering springs. As comfy as stock with improved looks. The ride is a little too wallowy on spirited twisty drives but only if you're trying to be a hero.
Torero

Post by Torero »

andrew30044047 wrote:I was driving with Black Billies on Eibach springs and just changed to BC Coilovers and the ride and handling of the car is a million times better. The ride is nowhere near as harsh as people make out. And it works out cheaper than buying all new shocks, top mounts etc.
+1 :clap: I'm with Andrew here, BCs are absolutely brilliant!!! Plenty of room for adjustment on ride height and stiffness with the added bonus of being lighter than stock and cheaper to replace.

I fitted a set of BCs on Saturday and drove back from Sussex about 100 miles and they were awesome, I cannot express how much better they are than stock and even with 17" wheels with 40 sidewalls on the softest setting, they were too soft another 7 clicks and now it feels amazing.

As you can see Dan I can't recommend them enough.

Just away to dry myself off now :oops:
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I swapped for brand new original top mounts, inserts, drop links, etc... with pi racing springs for a slight drop as I wanted to keep everything relatively standard. It wasn't cheap but definitely worth it.

Tbh I was impressed with how much of a difference it made just replacing with a new standard parts over the old tired suspension. I hadn't realised how tired it all was. Certainly worth considering.

A member on here called Cynthia is giving away x4 used suspension legs with Bilstein dampers for free that need a refurb. You could always collect those and then spend the money refurbing them to your spec - a very cheap way of getting a cracking suspension set up :thumleft:

The link to her advert is below:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=172087
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Are bilsteinrebuild able though? e
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

No.
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

whats peoples opinions on the d2 racing coilovers?
Donato

Post by Donato »

synXero wrote: BC coilies are really tempting me as well right now. Them or Meisters. They get a bit of a cheapo branding but by all reviews I've read, for other marques too, they seem favourable.

I have MeisterR's myself. Absolutely love them :thumleft:
gtech

Post by gtech »

+1 for Meister R's

Awesome ride quality, I would say far better than OEM, all helped by the "Double Perch" system which enables you to drop the height without affecting ride comfort, then you have 32 position adjustment soft to hard.

Mine have been on 2yrs now and still look like new.

Fantastic coilovers .
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”