Japfest - Castlecombe - May 12th

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BrianUK
Premium Member

Japfest - Castlecombe - May 12th

Post by BrianUK »

As above really - anyone else going>????

"Now firmly established as Europe’s biggest Japanese car show, Japfest is the premier event for the serious enthusiast. From the thousands of display cars representing the UK’s major clubs to the largest trade and exhibition area; this show never ceases to amaze. Japfest sets the standard and is at the forefront of any Japanese car fan’s calendar"

http://www.japfest.co.uk

:) Brian
j0ns

Re: Japfest - Castlecombe - May 12th

Post by j0ns »

I'm thinking about it, i'll probably wait and see what the weathers like to be honest though :lol:
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Theres a few of us going from here - I'll be there

The car unfortunately is going to be on the MR2OC stand as there isnt an IMOC stand this year :(

See you there :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
123Danc

Japfest

Post by 123Danc »

Im in Bristol already. Quite excited about it :)
Its my first Japfest , i have manage to get a stand pass so my tubbie will be with the other ones :D
The most important that weather looks good.
Ill see you all there
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Its my first japfest aswell, and I cant wait

Im also in Bristol but I live here, lol.

Jackp is meeting at mine tmrw morning and we are having a mini convoy to the premeet in Chippenham. Your more than welcome to tag along if you want. The more the merrier :D

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Despite having all the passes, unfortunately I won't be going. :(

Had a crappy cold for a week now and a headache since Monday, so couldn't face it really when my alarm went off at 4am.

Have fun. :)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
123Danc

Post by 123Danc »

Sorry to hear that Lauren. The weather is absolute superb.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Am absolutely gutted. I was in bed before ten last night with the same bloody headache I've had since Monday. My alarm went off at 4am and I lay in bed for half an hour thinking about whether to get up or not.

Thing is a 200 mile journey from Manchester in the worst car ever invented for motorway journeys followed by standing next to a very noisy track all day was never going to do my head any good really. Reckon if i'd got there, I would just feel like crap and have left early. It's really not like me to miss stuff like this. :(

Also feel really bad, as I've let my friend Chay down, who's spent ages re-spraying his N2 AE86 in time for the show. :(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I've just heard from Vashy, who is in an FD3 RX7. He said the weather's great and I'm missing out on a great day out by the looks of it, damn!

Full report please, people!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Horrendous queues apparently! They need a new venue really, as much as I like Castle Combe, access when it is busy is crap. Nice day for it though :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Oh dear, some very unhappy campers!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Just heard from Chay. Said he got there at 7.30am but didn't get in till 11.30am.

I'm kind of glad it worked out as it did really as it sounds like I would have had a 3-4 hour queue on top of a 4 hour drive! Balls to that!
Bambam22586

Post by Bambam22586 »

worst japfest to date been every year bar 1 i missed, spent 3 hours in the que finally got in at 1.30 and still had to pay £20 for the privalige had to rush around to view everything before it finished! will prob avoid it in the future shame really as its usually a good day, i think its got to big for coombe to handle now.
j0ns

Post by j0ns »

It was crap in a word. Spent 3 hours getting in and 2 hours getting out!! Really badly organised at the gate and nothing inside worth paying the £20 for.

I try and go to a lot of these things, and appreciate that they take a lot of effort, time and money to set up but definitely wont be going to this one again, not at Castle Coombe anyway. Just my 2p...
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I was somewhat peeved at the 3 hour queue to get in (and I was near the front!!) I was impressed at the lack of break downs on route!!

Regardless of the wait I quite enjoyed myself ... Maybe a few too many chats for my liking but there was great weather, good racing and a plethora of interesting cars what more can you ask for!

Sure the wait was a pain but it was greatly out balanced by some of the cars I saw there and the racing ... Plus there were mr2s there!! Lol.

All in all a good day, and I enjoyed myself even if no one else did, lol :thumleft:

Next year will be far better as I will ensure imoc are there \:D/

KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Ps I left at 4 and was out of the gate immediately, took the back roads home and was back in Downend, Bristol by 1630. I found the traffic on the way out quieter than an average trip to the supermarket. Guess I timed it right :thumleft:

Btw - anyone got any photos of the mr2s that they could post up? I didn't take any ](*,)

Mk1Chris

Post by Mk1Chris »

Left Croydon at 7.30, arrived 2.5 miles from Castle Coombe at 9.50, finally got in to the event and set up at 12.55.

Thanks go out to the stupid police that were 'directing' traffic outside and directed legitimate traders with valid passes away from the correct entrance gate and into another 45 min queue. :thumleft:

The actual show was quite impressive, lots going on, lots of cars to see - but then I noticed the thing was coming to an end, so packed up and immediately joined a 1hr queue to get out.

My first trip to Japfest - nice event, shoddy execution. I for one will never go again based on 9hrs travelling/queueing for 3 and a bit hours of event. :clown:
Smallport 4AGTE
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

coanda

Post by coanda »

We tried to get in at about 1030 as we only live 20 minutes away. I tried a number of ways around it and it was all stationary traffic anywhere near Combe - at least 6 miles of stationary traffic.

Why was the traffic soo bad? I've been to plenty of events at Combe and none have been as bad as this. What was the problem? did they fill up the car parks really quick and then its one out-one in?
iain2010

Post by iain2010 »

Ive been going for years and its normally a really good day. The traffic did ruin things slightly. I live 20 mins away but it took 3hrs to get in and 2 hrs to get out of the car parks.

Return to “Past Events”