NEW MEMBERS - Don't be shy, click here!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Icsunonove

NEW MEMBERS - Don't be shy, click here!

Post by Icsunonove »

Well I know the MK1 is a "classic" car and some of you new IMOC members might be of a "classic" age (no offence meant at all). You might be a bit intimidated by all this forum stuff, but I am sure once you have posted once you will easily get the hang of it.

Anyway I'm going to make it easy for you. Please introduce yourselves, it's really easy. All you need to do is press the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of this page. Then type a brief introduction and press the "Submit" button.

Here's my starter for 10:

Hi, I'm Tom, I am 36 years old, single, and live with my cat about 10 miles north of Derby. I have a mica blue T-bar Supercharger which says it has done 45,000 miles (could have done 145,000 miles for all I know). It's a really solid car but it is a bit scruffy (I don't care I still love it)

I'm in to cars (obviously :roll: ), track days, watching almost every sport on the planet and the countryside (I love the Peak District).

Right, now it's your turn, press the "Post Reply" button. (And hey I'm not being ageist, we want to hear from young ones as well)
Last edited by Icsunonove on Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
pistol supercharged pete

Re: NEW MEMBERS - Don't be shy, click here!

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

ermm how do you do it tom ](*,)

well i have a mk1 sc white hartop and windywindows i am 22 nearly 23 and awaiting for my car back from its rebuild i live about a 20 min drive along the coast in ashford
i have a 4x4 2.0i si mondeo as my everyday car which is my sensible car and is big enough for my 2 dogs (white alsation and a border collie)
my fiancee is kel an she has a blue mk1 na called minxy

pete
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Hi my name is Pete i am 35 years old. I am one of the south east area organisers for the mk1 club. My car is a 1987 Mk1 b na mica blue t-bar which has done 137000 miles i have just had the top end totally rebuilt and it goes like a train! I have got a bit of a reputation for constantly polishing my car but i love "Burt" to look blinging on those sunny days out! I live with my wife Clare and my two kids Alex and Lauren.
spudgun

Post by spudgun »

Hi Steve here, live down in the most southern tip of Somerset, right on the Dorset/Devon borders. I am 33 years of age.

My 2 is an 87 mk1b, have a look in the garages section if you interested. Do all my own spannering so have built up some experience over the years.

Just about to start hillclimbing with a mate, but not in the MR, so that will put my skills to the test.

I live down here with my partner Chan, and our 4 cats. Yes thats right 4!

If your ever this way or live down this part of the world, check out the SW area of the mk1 club and see whats going on.
AW11 Forever..!

MR2 MK1 Club Forum....! At last

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Hi Just signed up. Michael Sheavills living in Durham with Fiancee Joanne. We both own Mk1's I've got a 1989 Auto Supercharger mica blue, 1988 Tbar white and a 1990 Coupe Helious blue, Joanne has a 1988 Coupe in red which she uses as an everyday car. My everyday car is an MX5 Eunos Roadster V-Spec, its nice not to drive the MR2 as much as you appreciate it more when you do..!
Well done to Pete Mason who persisted in getting this forum up and running, cheers mate, I think now we will see a new breed of MK1 owners visiting the site and hopefully increase communication and awareness amongst fellow members and enthusiasts.
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

cheers mike
good to see you on here

and you to pete cos you knows it
Cixot

MK 1 Forum

Post by Cixot »

G'day all, Ryan here, NW co-ordinator.

This, I hope, is the first step in a new direction for MK1 ownership. Looking forward to reading and posting and am sure this will attract alot more like minded owners.

Just for those of you who don't know me, I live in Liverpool, own 4 MK1's, 3 of which need repair, joint own the 'oldest MK1 in the UK?' with Gary Brown and Co own a few others with a number of NW members (one of which will one day become our track car!).

We have a barn here in the NW where these cars are stored ready for 'rejuvination', members pay a small sub each month for this benefit and we are allways looking for new members to help us out with this venture. The last time I looked, there were 9 MK1's in there, 1 nearly finished, a 1984 B reg owned from new, a red coupe owned by Frogge which is now being restored, my 3, the old one and a few 'others'.

I work on the Irish Sea, Captain of a fast ferry working week on/week off so do get a bit of time to spend on my hobby allthough, as some of you know, the last 6 or so months have been a bit hectic. Fortunately life is slowing down again now so have every intention of getting the NW MK1 club back on its feet, starting with this months Tatton Park Classic & Sports car show, 20th/21st. (I still have a few tickets left).

Thats it for now, once again congratulations for getting this up and running.
RichardMorgan

New Forum Members

Post by RichardMorgan »

Hello, I am Richard Morgan, the magazine editor and webmaster for the MR2 MK1 Club and MR2 Supercharger.com This is my first post and I am not exactly sure about how everything works so this is very much an initial try out.
RichardMorgan

Post by RichardMorgan »

It works! Many thanks to all concerned in getting this MK1 section of the forum up and running.
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Hi Richard, glad you made it :D

Where's Fred, Doris and Stuart though? :?

Richard, do you know if my email or a similar one was emailed to all the members who have email addresses?

Best regards,

Tom
Last edited by Icsunonove on Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldavies83

Re: MK 1 Forum

Post by ldavies83 »

SeaSnake wrote:G'day all, Ryan here, NW co-ordinator.

This, I hope, is the first step in a new direction for MK1 ownership. Looking forward to reading and posting and am sure this will attract alot more like minded owners.

Just for those of you who don't know me, I live in Liverpool, own 4 MK1's, 3 of which need repair, joint own the 'oldest MK1 in the UK?' with Gary Brown and Co own a few others with a number of NW members (one of which will one day become our track car!).

We have a barn here in the NW where these cars are stored ready for 'rejuvination', members pay a small sub each month for this benefit and we are allways looking for new members to help us out with this venture. The last time I looked, there were 9 MK1's in there, 1 nearly finished, a 1984 B reg owned from new, a red coupe owned by Frogge which is now being restored, my 3, the old one and a few 'others'.

I work on the Irish Sea, Captain of a fast ferry working week on/week off so do get a bit of time to spend on my hobby allthough, as some of you know, the last 6 or so months have been a bit hectic. Fortunately life is slowing down again now so have every intention of getting the NW MK1 club back on its feet, starting with this months Tatton Park Classic & Sports car show, 20th/21st. (I still have a few tickets left).

Thats it for now, once again congratulations for getting this up and running.

Hi Ryan, is that the restoration I saw a couple of months back on the site in some sort of Barn. It was really interesting and I cant find the link anymore! I'll have another look today!
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Hello,

Wayne Duncan here!

One of Ryans gang from the NW.

Currently own a Helios Blue NA with 35k on the clock and a T-Bar Supercharger with wind-up windows.

Owned many many Mk1's including JDM Spec NA's and SC's, about 15 NA's to varying levels of quality and have a massive collection of Mk1 memorabilia, like toys, magazines, books etc...

Also source, import and re-sell JDM spares, like reflective t-bar glass, retractable mirrors and have imported a handful of SC's.

Will be great to see all the people from the Mk1 Club on here! Will definately take the club on too the next level

Thats me really!
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Hi all
Glad to see it's finally happened.
We have moved into the 20th century!!

My names Steve Kingsnorth ,joint South East area organiser.
I now only own 1 mr2 but it is a mk1 sc super edition,1 of only 4 known of in the country.
I sold my old na to Lauren Blighton,who has done a great job restoring it,
i just wish i had the time ,money and knowledge to have been able to restore it myself!

I have been on Imoc for about 3 years now! it's great that we have our own section,saves having to go through all those posts about mk2's that aren't of much interest to me.

Thanks again to Pete,Lauren and everbody else that helped to get this up and running. =D> =D>
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

I have asked ken Salmon re: starting a new area for the mk1 club 'Home Counties'.
Sadly Ken has failed to come back to me on 2 occasions so I'm hoping that someone else can help me on this matter.

p.s. will mk1 members be allowed to create their own garage on IMOC?

:wink:
Cixot

Post by Cixot »

Hi Ryan, is that the restoration I saw a couple of months back on the site in some sort of Barn. It was really interesting and I cant find the link anymore! I'll have another look today!

Sorry, but this site has not been up dated for quite a while. The white ones in the picture are now long gone having been completely stripped and the shells scrapped. We have also moved to a bigger and better barn, one that is totally enclosed with a concrete floor and a bit more space to work
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

stevenb wrote:I have asked ken Salmon re: starting a new area for the mk1 club 'Home Counties'.
Sadly Ken has failed to come back to me on 2 occasions so I'm hoping that someone else can help me on this matter.

Hi Steve,
sorry that Ken hasn't got back to you! have you tried to phone him rather than email him as he isn't online very often?
These are things that we need to get sorted in the mk1 club.
Hopefully with this new forum,we will improve things!!
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

Mk1Supercharger SE Steve wrote:
stevenb wrote:I have asked ken Salmon re: starting a new area for the mk1 club 'Home Counties'.

Hi Steve,
sorry that Ken hasn't got back to you! have you tried to phone him rather than email him as he isn't online very often?
These are things that we need to get sorted in the mk1 club.
Hopefully with this new forum,we will improve things!!

I have spoken to him about it not too long ago and he emailed me a few weeks before JAE and said we'll sort something out.
Unfortunatley I didn't get to meet Ken at JAE.

it would be great to get people from herts, beds and bucks to meet as this is a big area with many big towns....loads of owners of all mr2's as well.
John R

Post by John R »

Hello,

My names John Redmond, and I'm an Mk1 owner, there I've said it!

Ok that’s the 'AA' bit over with.

I have a 1988 coupe in Helios Blue; I often get the p1ss taken because it only comes out the garage when the sun is shining! (This is not true!!) OK, my 2 is my hobby/rolling restoration, and I love it to bits!

I've had it for four years now after getting it as a non-runner; I've slowly been getting it back in to shape. So far I've got 95% of the rust sorted, rebuilt the 'bottom end' of the motor, overhauled the brakes and I'm in the process of overhauling the running gear and suspension.

I'm in the NWest area and can be seen at most NW events.

Cheers
John
Last edited by John R on Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

Hi John. Sounds nice indeed. Have you got any pics we can admire? :wink:
waynestoyotamr2

Post by waynestoyotamr2 »

Steven, Johns car was best overall car at JAE this year, a true minter and a real testament too hard work.

Sure there are some pictures of it somewhere on the web??
"If in doubt - just make the numbers up!" ;)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”