Stripes / badges on a 3E5 red car. Also seals

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Paul in the Port

Stripes / badges on a 3E5 red car. Also seals

Post by Paul in the Port »

Ok this may sound like a silly question but what colour are the stripes / emblems / badges supposed to be on a 1989 Mk1B car in red (3E5)?? Mine are worn / missing in places but some appear white and others silver. What were they originally??

Also, where is the best place (ie cheapest) to get new sealing trim for the front valance / plastic side skirts?? It appears to be a h - section rubber seal.

Cheers
Paul
MartG

Re: Stripes / badges on a 3E5 red car. Also seals

Post by MartG »

Fairly sure the stripes are silver.

As for the sealing strip - B&Q ! IIRC the double glazing sealing strip they sell is ideal for the job and a LOT cheaper than getting it from Mr T
MRTWO

Post by MRTWO »

I'm sure mine are gold-ish, and I am still searching for a source for a few replacements (tried Kev)

Unless I'm very much mistaken...
Paul in the Port

Thanks guys

I'll have a look in B&Q later then and see what i can find. I've got a replacement front corner valance to fit which I sprayed last week so a good time to do the job now. I spotted the very end of the front splitter is broken off (near the wheel) so i need to find a new one of them now too!!

So silver and gold stripes have both been used - guess i may as well replace the lot and go with personal choice. So ebay or one of the forum members then for these i guess - isnt there a couple of people doing them??

Paul
KMK11

Post by KMK11 »

Got the full set of decals for my Mk1a from Coverco (Tommy), ie: stripes, "Toyota" on the bonnet, "Toyota & MR2" on the boot & also the screamin chicken one! :lol:

He's a top man & did a great job on the decals, really finish the car off nicely! :thumleft:
Paul in the Port

A screaming chicken!!!! :clap: :clap: :lol:

Non-standard then i take it?? \:D/
DevaMR2

Post by DevaMR2 »

Decals for paint code 3E5 are beige. See the following for info.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_198909 ... _7501.html

I have some for sale here

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126689

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”