MissBanzai London Tunnel Run Take 2

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

3sgte_inside

MissBanzai London Tunnel Run Take 2

Post by 3sgte_inside »

Commitee Edit.

Please see below for details of this event.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: MissBanzai London Tunnel Run Take 2

Post by Charged »

I'll be there, but I guess you knew that already :D

There is a lot of behind the scenes work going into this one, and it is for charity. Last time we brought the streets of London to a standstill so I can't wait for this one :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Back again this year for the 2nd time, we present another London Tunnel Run, hosted by MissBanzai.com inviting all Japanese car owners!

The pre-meet will kick off at Essex Arena (RM19 1AE) on Saturday 10th October from 9.30pm. Maps will be handed out on arrival to those who have pre-paid through the Just Giving site, the actual Tunnel run its self will be departing at 12 midnight

Please do not use the main entrance to the arena please take the second entrance by the go kart track as shown in the image below

As you can see from the image which ive made as simple as i can lol, the area with the blue perimeter is where we all shall be parking, which will be coned off for just us, the red line is the way we will be entering and the green line is the way will be exiting simples.

Please register your attendance by visting http://www.justgiving.com/MissBanzai2009Take2 and donating your £5.00 entry fee. Donations made via the Just Giving site will go direct to the nominated charity, Bowel Cancer UK. Please remember to tick all the boxes to add 'gift aid' onto your donation -it won't cost you any extra, but the charity will be able to re-claim the tax on your donation!

Please remember when registering via the Just Giving site, on the final payment page, you will be asked for comments and nickname. In comments please put your club name, in nick name your forum user name -nothing else! (this list will be used to hand out the route maps of the run on the night.

You can pay cash on the night -however, as there will be a limited number of route maps -if you want to be guaranteed a map, we advise you pay in advance through the Just Giving site.

Please remember, advance payments can only be taken up to 12:00 on 10th October on the Just Giving site -after this time you will need to pay cash on the night. Note that in addition to the £5 per car, there will be a £1 per person entry fee into the arena on the night, to cover costs. Please bring the correct cash as change cannot be given!

Any questions, please drop a mail to [email protected] or we will drop by here to answer any questions anyone might have!

Remember this event is for *Japanese Cars Only* we will have marshalls on the gate at the arena to monitor this! Please remember to drive responsibly -anyone not doing so will be asked to leave the site.

Sky Insurance will be down for the evening to hand out a prize for the best car of the evening!

Our last tunnel run had an immense following, between 500-600 cars, so i hope lots of you can make it

Hope to see some of you there! :)

Please add your names to the list:

:D

Can't wait for this! :D

We had near on 500 cars last time.. raised well over £1500 last time, would be good to top this this time!! :D

Good to meet you over the weekend Ollie -will see you on the 10th! :)
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Added to IMOC calendar.

Lou...you have PM.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Scott Barton wrote:Added to IMOC calendar.

Lou...you have PM.

Thanks Scott :thumleft:

The one we had back in February had an amazing turnout -around 500 cars.. we want this one to be bigger and better and more cash raised for our nominated charity :)

Hope to see some of you guys there! \:D/
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Hmm , can someone direct me to some info on what this is actually all about?? thanks
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

RyanRs wrote:Hmm , can someone direct me to some info on what this is actually all about?? thanks

What more do you need to know? :-k All the info is in my post above...
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yepyep, I'll be there after I missed the last one!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

i went to the last one and was very good.

well orgainised :)

Not sure i'll make this one weather i'm in the UK or not
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Lou-Lou wrote:
RyanRs wrote:Hmm , can someone direct me to some info on what this is actually all about?? thanks

What more do you need to know? :-k All the info is in my post above...

well the info up there seems to be only about meeting plans / instrucions & payments etc..

Is it a car show? an event on the essex arena? A cruise to a hidden illegal car show (like in the good old days :wink: ) or simply just a meet up and drive through a tunnel?

Btw, im interested whatever. i like driving through tunnels :P
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

A bit of all of the above. :wink: :twisted:

All meet up at the arena. park up. have a bit of banter. get your maps. set off 12am good old cruise to the first location tunnel and then let all hell loose.

5-6 tunnels on the way should take about 2 hours max :whistle:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Ah ha! sounds fun! So does it all end back at the essex arena? or do people just leave as they get tired?
Ayshe

Post by Ayshe »

This sounds interesting, we may do this depending on money! Is it a legal event then?
Lou-Lou

Post by Lou-Lou »

Yes it's a legal event.. it's not a chav cruise!! [-(

We've got Essex Arena for the meet point to get everyone together.. you pay your £4 (per car) in advance on the Just Giving website (link above) and then that cash will go to the charity detailed above also..

When you arrive at the arena, you will need to pay £1 per person entry cash, to cover the cost of the arena.. marshalls etc..

You'll then need to come and find me to collect your map :thumleft:

We'll then start letting groups of cars out to do the run through London.

The police have been advised of the event, and the route.. so no messing about! ;)

The end point is a large area of London, that we have permission to use.

So nothing illegal about it, unless you choose to screw around.. my mates a police officer and he's coming in his Jap car! ;)

Last year was a good laugh.. it's not a race about.. it's a drive though London.. and a chance to chat with some random like minded people and raise a bit of cash for a good cause at the same time :)

We did the practice run on Friday, and it's a really good route.. better than the last one we did IMO :)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I'll be there, paid up now :thumleft:
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

toxo wrote:I'll be there, paid up now :thumleft:

See you there mate.. Luke's my co-driver (as in map reader, he wont be driving!!)
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Wicked, looking forward to it! Luke's gonna have seen a lot of my car by the end of this month :o

Now just need to find myself a co-driver!
Olly.Dent

Post by Olly.Dent »

See ya there guys. :thumleft:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

And I'm not taking any tools so no breaking cars! Olly!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Skywalker wrote:And I'm not taking any tools so no breaking cars! Olly!

yeah Olly! :?

Return to “Past Events”