Mr2 show car

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mbland

Mr2 show car

Post by Mbland »

Right here im selling my mr2, This is a tough decision but i feel it could finally be the right time to let her go to a new home if the price is right if not i will keep it.. The car is a 1992 mr2 tbar turbo with 80k on the clock. The car has been looked after mechanically by dsa automotive and mainly pacific works so is well looked after whatever it has needed it has got.. Soon as i purchased the car just over 2 years ago i had it put into dsa to be checked over, and any faults rectified, serviced and also dynoed to which it made 222bhp with just a gutted downpipe, filter and small exhaust.. Car has recently been mot'ed to which it passed with flying colours bar 1 advisory for 2 front tyres as tracking was out and had worn on inner edge so had 2 new tyres (£200) and a full alignement set up at wheels in motion (£110).

Now the modified spec that has taken place in my ownership

EXTERIOR

Border front bumper
Boder side skirts (blended in)
Border rear spats (fully smoothed into rear bumper)
Side repeaters removed/smoothed
Ariel removed/smoothed
Side mouldings removed (metal plates welded in there place not filler) and smoothed
Handles removed and smoothed
Ganadoor mirrors with custom led's for side repeaters
Clear font lights
Rev 3 rear lights
Resprayed in liquid yellow pearl

CHASSIS

17x8 and 17x9 alloys (deep dish on rear)
215/40/17 yoko and 245/40/17 toyo tyres
Yellow bilisteen shocks
Tein springs

INTERIOR

Seats re trimmed in black leather with twin yellow stitching
Gear gator re trimmed in black leather with twin yellow stitching
Door card inserts in black leather
Greddy gear knob
Mr2 eddy pillar pod with 60mm apexi boost gauge
Blitz elec boost controller custom fitted in clock space
Momo steering wheel

ENIGINE

Apexi induction kit
Gutted downpipe
HKS super dragger exhaust system
Hks ssqv bov (original recirc valve also supplied)
Blitz ebc
St205 charge cooler
Engine/charge cooler detailed to show standards
Oil changed 1k miles ago
coolant change and new rad 300mile ago

Car has been featured in mr2only mag and fast car mag

Photos

Bad points:

Tbh there isnt really any :D there is a few blemishes on the paint on the roof but that is going to be done when it goes into the bodyshop at end of sept so car will come with brand new looking paint. Only other thing is that there is currently no stereo fitted but if the buyer really wants me to put one in im sure we can come to a arrangement

Finally the price. Firstly please no questioning of the price this car has cost me in excess of £14k to buy and build to this standard so i think the price im asking is fair if you dont then thats your opinion just please keep it to yourself. I am happy to answer any genuine questions from potential buyers but please no time wasters and lastly as said i am in no rush to sell and will not drop a penny below the price i have in my head because if it doesnt sell im more than happy to keep it as it is my pride and joy.. literally :)

£5995 ono
Last edited by Mbland on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
oddshoes

Re: Mr2 show car

Post by oddshoes »

Mike so sorry to see this up for sale fella but best of luck with the sale and someone is going to get an amazing car, I bet shes putting out more than 222bhp now dude with that mod list

Dave :thumleft:
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Thanks mate allthough dunno whether i want the luck lol been really torn between selling and keeping for a while so hence putting it up and letting it play by here as i just cannot make a strait decision on keeping/selling

Yeah should have made it clearer the 222bhp figure was from the dyno when it had just a filter, gutted cat and exhaust system. I have not had it dynoed since its had the chargecooler + ebc etc fitted and boost was at 0.6bar.. The ebc is set up for 0.7bar and 1 bar allthough must admit its only really ever seen 1 bar during the setting up of the ebc
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

I photographed this car up at Pacific Works for one of the aforementioned mags and then watched as it was recently brought to the very fine fettle it's in now (my car is a frequent visitor to Luke's). Top notch car.
Good luck with the sale Mike but you're right you'll miss it.

R.
notroubleclubber

Post by notroubleclubber »

What a gorgeous car - this is what i would like my car to look like!!!

If i had the money id have it off you like a shot as got plans to do mine and yours have everything i had planned for mine!!!!

Good luck with the sale.
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Thanks for the comments guys

Just a note as have been asked, As the car is going into the bodyshop in few weeks to have a couple of small paint imperfections sorted so that the new owner can have the car with a pristine, perfect paint job. So the car will be avaliable as soon as its out of the bodyshop..
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

would possibly consider a part ex if the money was right :D
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

Can I just ask how you got the metal bit of the engine ( around where it says twin entry turbo) so dam clean and shiney????!

GLWS.

Will
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Was removed cleaned and painted by luke at pacific works :D also did the intercooler pipes (no longer needed due to cc) cam cover and heatshield etc
donna

Post by donna »

Stunning car :thumleft: :mrgreen:
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

thanks 8)
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Have been sorting all my cars paperwork out today and i have every mot from import and also have import papers etc, Also can confirm cambelt was changed around 3000miles ago (have receipt). Also have just purchased 6months new road tax so tax expires on 30/03/10
SevenR

Post by SevenR »

That's a very nice modded car. Any interior shots at all?
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Knew is miss something out lol yeah heres some

And heres a shot of the front with numberplate off to show off the chargecooler pre rad :D also shows how different the liquid yellow looks under different lights
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

In a few weeks i will be advertising on piston heads/autotrader etc so if any of the people who have shown interest could let me know as obviously would prefer it to go to an enthusiast who will look after it as much as i do hence putting it on here and mr2oc before advertising to the general public
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Original post amended with new price :pale:

Also been having trouble logging on so if interested and i take a while to reply thats why :D but if you need you can contact me on email [email protected]
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Is that liquid yellow the Renault Liquid Yellow found on the RS Clio & Meganes?

If so =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Photo's will not do it justice. It's a "have to see it in the flesh" colour.
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

yeah renault liquid yellow and as you say it really is so nice in the flesh every photo i have taken of it looks different due to lighting etc such a nice colour when on the move stands out so much without looking ott imo

some pics to try and show the colour in different lights

You get the idea lol all the above photos have been taking within the last 4 months lol just kinda shows how different the colour looks under different lights :thumleft:
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

replyed
Mbland

Post by Mbland »

Pms replied to :thumleft:

Sensible offers considered

Allthough please no silly offers already been offered £4k ](*,) [-(

just to note for the £6k asking price is basically what has been spent on the bodywork modifications alone

Return to “MR2s for Sale”