[Mk2] [Turbo] Where to get AIT Gauge

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nikaiyo

[Mk2] [Turbo] Where to get AIT Gauge

Post by nikaiyo »

Does anyone know of an off the shelf AIT gauge, or a fairly simple way to monitor intake temps?
gtech

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Where to get AIT Gauge

Post by gtech »

As it is I have been working on something for mine and the wifes car, with mine being a tubby I will monitor Pre and Post IC Temps, as per:

I have put together a full kit which includes a pre-cut replacement for the ashtray to save the hassle of cutting it up. Kit consists of:

Facia Plate Pre-Cut
2 x Digital Temp Gauges
2 x Brass Nickel screw in sensors
1 x 12v to 5v dropper

Gauges will be 1 Red and 1 Blue, and these update approx every 0.5 second and can measure from -40c to +70c

Not worked out a final price yet, but I have 4 kits ready to go straight away. ;-)

Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
sutton

Post by sutton »

Thats a quality idea mate

Chris
Yellow Rev 3 Turbo
gtech

Post by gtech »

Cheers Chris,

To be honest I've had all the parts sat around for months, but due to work commitments I just have'nt had an hour to put it all together.

Gayle has them in her NA, to measure cabin temp and exterior temp.

I had the replacement lids made because I did attempt to cut the lid and what a nightmare, think I needed a laser cutter :-). At the end of the day, you can always put the lid back on this way.
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

Got my interest :thumleft:
gtech

Post by gtech »

Ren0W wrote:Got my interest :thumleft:

duly noted :)
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

Nice one Grame :thumleft:

Put me down for one for sure

Was at 3S today trying to sort some issues with my CC, spend ages trying to track down something to monitor temps with, but maplins dont do anything anymore & RS were out of stock, in the end we ended up using something for a fish tank to give us an idea of what was going on #-o
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Oooh, now these I like gtech! Interested!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3

Return to “Modifications”