Lowering Spring Question

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dannyroids

Lowering Spring Question

Post by dannyroids »

Need some help people :)

Looking to lower the mk2 MR2 by about 35mm Mimimum. I was gonna go for Tein springs but seem a little pricey for a set of springs. So many makes out there im not sure what make to go for.

Does anyone out there have any reccomendations for lowering springs and any pics aswell of the car dropped on the said springs?
stu b 1 tubby

Re: Lowering Spring Question

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

Ive got some gmax springs on ebay. They are a month old.
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

got any pics mate? hows the ride quality? did it drop it by a substantial amount?
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Keep your eye on the for sale section or post a thread in the wanted section once you've decided what you want and you should be able to pick up most types of spring relatively cheaply, Teins included.
I'm on Tein S-techs myself coupled with yellow billies and TRD topmounts. It's a VERY firm ride even on 15s but I reckon it's liveable with and mine is a daily driver. Looks the nuts as well.... pics in my garage.
Don't rush your decision, try and get a ride in a car with the ones you're interested in and don't forget if you're on old struts adding lowering springs means they'll undergo more stress and maybe not last too long. Shouldn't be a problem with good condition stuff.
Good luck with the hunt.

R.
steve b

Post by steve b »

'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”