Metal Gear Solid Teaser Image. But whos is aimed at?

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Metal Gear Solid Teaser Image. But whos is aimed at?

Post by SamUK »

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/mgst/?ref=kjp_eng

strange one.

could be a new MGS or with the current momentum of the 360 in asia and america, is it the 360 version of MGS 4?

that last symbol looks a little familiar.

Rev 3 GTS
pcp

Re: Metal Gear Solid Teaser Image. But whos is aimed at?

Post by pcp »

was MGS not confirmed for the 360 last year? if so it'll be interesting to see how it ports from the PS3
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

no it has only ever been a rumour so far.

it will be interesting if true as they said it couldnt be done on the 360.
Rev 3 GTS
viperrr

Post by viperrr »

SamUK wrote:no it has only ever been a rumour so far.

This is interesting, I like a bit of stealthy action.

Why did they think it was not possible?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

That'd p1$$ Sony off on a large scale wouldnt it?

Isnt the Metal Gear Solid franchise a Sony exclusive game?
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

viperrr wrote:
SamUK wrote:no it has only ever been a rumour so far.

This is interesting, I like a bit of stealthy action.

Why did they think it was not possible?

The guy behind it was jus running his mouth around release time and said it would only be possible with the power of the PS3.

matt_mr2t wrote:That'd p1$$ Sony off on a large scale wouldnt it?

Isnt the Metal Gear Solid franchise a Sony exclusive game?

so was tekken and final fantasy.

a metal gear game has been on xbox before i think. Just came out about a year after the PS release.
Rev 3 GTS
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

viperrr wrote:Why did they think it was not possible?

Storage space was only the real issue due to all the cutscenes and i "think" it uses a swap file on the HDD which is always changing depending on where you are in the game to make it more fluid.

MGS5 is happening, The above link is to make us all wonder if it's a 360 exclusive or dual format release???
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
viperrr

Post by viperrr »

Ahh I see, makes sense now :)

Cheers!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

In lamens terms, why do you need a HDD to run cut scenes?

I k'in hate cut scenes that last more than seconds tbh!
pcp

Post by pcp »

SamUK wrote:

The guy behind it was jus running his mouth around release time and said it would only be possible with the power of the PS3.

but then went on to say that developing it had been a nightmare and that he wasn't happy with the final product because of the ps3 #-o
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

matt_mr2t wrote:In lamens terms, why do you need a HDD to run cut scenes?

You shouldn't, I read somewhere MGS4 uses the HDD to create some form of swap file to install upcoming game data so you don't actually have loading times once you start the game (don't know how true this is as i haven't finished 3 so not purchased 4 yet)
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Andy Jones wrote:
MGS5 is happening, The above link is to make us all wonder if it's a 360 exclusive or dual format release???

do you not think its too early for MGS 5? its been a few years since the 3rd.
Rev 3 GTS
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

SamUK wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:

Why? They started work on 4 just after 3 was finished and 4 took 4 years to develop. There's been quite a few articles stating work got underway on 5 very soon after 4 was released
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

SamUK wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:

they may be making a sort of spin off version for the 360 to see how it can handle it if that makes sense?
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

H3RB wrote:
SamUK wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:

they may be making a sort of spin off version for the 360 to see how it can handle it if that makes sense?

Hasn't 4 been confirmed next year for the 360?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

no idea hope it has because my dad has my ps3 now so i never get to use it :( :( :(
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Andy Jones wrote:
SamUK wrote:
Andy Jones wrote:

Why? They started work on 4 just after 3 was finished and 4 took 4 years to develop. There's been quite a few articles stating work got underway on 5 very soon after 4 was released

i meant to start advertising or hyping.

i know sony like to talk about stuff before its even close to finished but thats a bit extreme.

i dont have a clue what its gonna be. Just weird they have used that colour and that symbol.

MGS 4 has never been confirmed for the 360. They jus said they were looking into it as it would be daft not too.
Rev 3 GTS
KrisMoyse

Post by KrisMoyse »

Even though last post was Dec 08, just incase peeps don't know thought I'd shed some light on this....

It's a FPS game designed for the iPod Phone & Touch. Based on several missions seen in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots.

Metal Gear Solid Touch (メタルギアソリッド タッチ ,Metaru Gia Soriddo Tacchi?) is a third-person shooter video game for iPhone and iPod Touch developed by Kojima Productions and published by Konami worldwide. Announced on December 16, 2008, Metal Gear Solid Touch is based on MThe player plays through several missions based on stages from Metal Gear Solid 4, each introduced by brief text summarising the story so far. The player moves their finger across the screen to aim, tapping to fire, and moving their fingers together or apart to zoom in or out with a sniper rifle, removing their fingers from the screen to get behind cover and avoid enemy fire. Gako and Kerotan statues can be shot to gain health and weaponry such as rocket launchers.

The main objective of most missions is to kill a set number of enemies. Enemies include hostile PMC soldiers, Haven Troopers and Gekkos. There are also friendly targets which the player is penalised for shooting at. Some sections contain 'Boss fights', where the player fights a boss from the Metal Gear Solid 4 storyline; e.g. Laughing Octopus.

At the end of each mission, the player is awarded a rank based on their performance, similar to other Metal Gear Solid games. Higher ranks award more Drebin Points, which can be used to buy rewards such as iPhone character wallpapers.

The updated "complete" version (2.0.0) of MGST was released on April 22, 2009. This update adds eight more levels and covers the story from the arrival to Shadow Moses Island to the final showdown with Liquid Ocelot. Among the eight levels, four are boss battles (e.g. Metal Gear RAY, Screaming Mantis).

Version 2.1.0, released on May 3, 2009, added 15 new wallpapers, many of which cannot be previewed until certain objectives are met.etal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.[1][2] It was released on the App Store for select regions on March 18, 2009. Version 2.0.0, featuring an additional 8 stages and being self declared as the Complete Version, was released on April 22, 2009. It was updated again to version 2.1.0, which added 15 new wallpapers to Drebin's Shop.

See full article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_Touch
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

so the iphone can handle metal gear but not the 360? awsome lol
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

lol.

did you guys see the rumour that apple were gonna buy EA? i never read much into it so i dont know where it came from or if it was actually real.

interesting though.

edit -

coincidentally ive just read what is meant to be somebody in the press's twitter feed.

-Is pixel-blurred and gob smacked. APB could well be a GTA killer. MS is about to stun E3 with their lineup... Aah wel. back to gang design!!

-MS E3 big drops. Xbox Fluid - New Motion camera! Splinter Cell Conviction Halo ODST Alan Wake APB Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide (Show Finale)

-Yes. Metal gear solid + Oxide is one title.

-For the questions about MGS+O being show finale: Konami will announce a 360 exclusive (NOBODY outside of Kon has been told what this is)...

-.. After that they announce MGS4+O as a 360 exclusive. MS have also cut LostPlan2, AssCreed2, Bioshock 2, GTA.BAAFLC, to 3 min slots.

-E3: The Molyneux / Lionhead project "Richter" will show at E3. In fact, it will open it After Progress/xbla titles are shown
Rev 3 GTS

Return to “Games Consoles”