Dam you Thai!..........................

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy-Runner

Dam you Thai!..........................

Post by Andy-Runner »

Well i have recently been looking into XBox 360's for a Christmas present for the g.f brother (we bought one a couple of days ago from Amazon)....

Trouble is with all the good reviews and praise from imoc members (with Thai boxer being the "ring leader" :wink:) for games including Fallout 3, GOW2 and Dead Space - out of curiosity i walked into my local GAME shop this morning before work ........just to have a look you understand 8-[

I walked out over an hour later (20 mins late for work! #-o ) having picked up an Elite 360 + GOW2 and Fallout 3 #-o #-o #-o

Dam it!

So officially Thai is now in my bad books for making me buy a 360 - run and hide mate :wink:

Only kidding - i can't wait to get off duty tonight to have a go on Gears 2 (currently all the lads on shift are drooling over the graphics on the back of the box :oops: ) :thumleft: :thumleft:

Hopefully get sorted out online by the weekend :pray: :pray:

Many thanks Thai 8)

Andy
matt_mr2t

Re: Dam you Thai!..........................

Post by matt_mr2t »

Dont do things by halves do you lol. How much is an Elite these days, £250?
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

£220 with a free play and charge kit thrown in (this could be store specific, not sure) I got Fall out new £34.99, but managed to get a second hand Gears 2 for £27.

Checked out the posted links to game trailers and both titles look really good - i've got nearly a weeks leave to take before Christmas so i intend to get out running early am then get setup to put some hours into both :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Based on Gears 1 (have you played it?) you'll need more than a week unless you pull a lot of hours a day.

From what people have said Fall Out will last mega time too!

I want both, might write a letter to Santa.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

matt_mr2t wrote:Based on Gears 1 (have you played it?) you'll need more than a week unless you pull a lot of hours a day.

if ur good enough u will need around half a day to finish gears 2 on hardcore this time it was very easy compared to number 1
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

H3RB wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:Based on Gears 1 (have you played it?) you'll need more than a week unless you pull a lot of hours a day.

if ur good enough u will need around half a day to finish gears 2 on hardcore this time it was very easy compared to number 1

Half a day is 12 hours!

For me to play a game for 12 hours would take me 2 weeks at least.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Good work mate!! :mrgreen: :thumleft:

You've bought the best games console out there (the Elite) with one of the best games out there! (GOW2). Play through Gears on normal to start with, get you used to the way it works (and let you dribble at the graphics! :wink: ) then play it on Insane, definately harder than GOW! :thumleft: Then you can hit online hard and have some real good fun!....best thing about GOW2 is you can play ALL the multiplayer maps either on your own against bots or with a mate co-op or online, or with 10 mates! 8) Horde is excellent fun!

Havn't played Fallout3 yet but its on my list with Mirrors Edge. Playing through Farcry2 atm....excellent game!! :shock: 8) Takes a while to get into it but when you do its one of the best out there! :thumleft:

Take it you'll be playing it in HD on a 42"+ with surround sound then? The only wat to do it! :thumleft:

Enjoy mate! :twisted:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Definately buy Bioshock, can get it pish cheap on ebay etc.

Also Call Of Duty 4 and Dead Space.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:Definately buy Bioshock, can get it pish cheap on ebay etc.

Also Call Of Duty 4 and Dead Space.

Damn right. :thumleft:

There's SO many great games out there that you could get now mate!

Pure
Mass Effect
Halo3
Crackdown
GTA4
Condemned 1+2
The Orange Box
Farcry2

just a few.... 8) :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Andy-Runner wrote:Well i have recently been looking into XBox 360's for a Christmas present for the g.f brother (we bought one a couple of days ago from Amazon)....

Trouble is with all the good reviews and praise from imoc members (with Thai boxer being the "ring leader" :wink:) for games including Fallout 3, GOW2 and Dead Space - out of curiosity i walked into my local GAME shop this morning before work ........just to have a look you understand 8-[

I walked out over an hour later (20 mins late for work! #-o ) having picked up an Elite 360 + GOW2 and Fallout 3 #-o #-o #-o

Dam it!

So officially Thai is now in my bad books for making me buy a 360 - run and hide mate :wink:

Only kidding - i can't wait to get off duty tonight to have a go on Gears 2 (currently all the lads on shift are drooling over the graphics on the back of the box :oops: ) :thumleft: :thumleft:

Many thanks Thai 8)

Andy

you need any help just ask, i prob have the most amazin set up ever and like to think i'm somewhat of an expert haha!!! :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

sheppy wrote:
Andy-Runner wrote:Well i have recently been looking into XBox 360's for a Christmas present for the g.f brother (we bought one a couple of days ago from Amazon)....

Dam it!

Many thanks Thai 8)

Andy

you need any help just ask, i prob have the most amazin set up ever and like to think i'm somewhat of an expert haha!!! :thumleft:

:ttiwwp:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

lol you made a good choice!

Gear 2 single player is epic. Storys ace.

Multiplayer is where the real fun is.

Had a horrible thought tho, did you get the code for the map pack? It wil b in the case behind the manual. Hopefully the previous owner didnt use it.
Rev 3 GTS
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

SamUK wrote:

Had a horrible thought tho, did you get the code for the map pack? It wil b in the case behind the manual. Hopefully the previous owner didnt use it.

:pale: :-k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

haha, don't know what i'd take pics of, it's all wireless!! it would just be a pic of my xbox!!!

i have it runnin with media centre though so can stream tv to the xbox wirelessly etc. and stream any files from the pc, having media center on the pc means you can have it on the xbox too. realy is quite something else, also the media centre remote works with the xbox so you can change channel on the set top box(which is downstairs) using the infrared toy thing.

and use media center like sky plus, it will change channel automatically and stuff!! 8) as f*ck!!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

sheppy wrote:haha, don't know what i'd take pics of, it's all wireless!! it would just be a pic of my xbox!!!

i have it runnin with media centre though so can stream tv to the xbox wirelessly etc. and stream any files from the pc, having media center on the pc means you can have it on the xbox too. realy is quite something else, also the media centre remote works with the xbox so you can change channel on the set top box(which is downstairs) using the infrared toy thing.

and use media center like sky plus, it will change channel automatically and stuff!! 8) as f*ck!!

Wicked mate! 8) :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

if anybody needs any help with anything xbox related just let me know.
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Thanks for all the advice chaps - i've now got a list of games i want to play longer than my arm :roll: (On of the lads on my shift is selling Condemned 2 for a tenner so i've just said i'll be having that too! \:D/ )

Will definately try GOW on normal difficulty for starters as i'm not brilliant at games (yet :oops: ) if i'm being honest - thanks for the advice :thumleft: .

Will keep an eye on this section a little more from now on, and will no doubt be posting up when i get stuck on something :wink:

PS: Yep got the code fortunately - just checked, it has been revealed previously but i assume i can just re-enter it when i go on-line :) Fingers crossed :pray:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Andy-Runner wrote:Thanks for all the advice chaps - i've now got a list of games i want to play longer than my arm :roll: (On of the lads on my shift is selling Condemned 2 for a tenner so i've just said i'll be having that too! \:D/ )

PS: Yep got the code fortunately - just checked, it has been revealed previously but i assume i can just re-enter it when i go on-line :) Fingers crossed :pray:

I love Condemned!! The first one was the scarest game you could play in the dark on your own for sure! :twisted:

Second one is damn good!! :thumleft:

Unfortunately I dont think that code is going to work mate. :( It gets used once and thats it. Gets registered to each user on xbox live.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

thai boxer wrote:
Andy-Runner wrote:Thanks for all the advice chaps - i've now got a list of games i want to play longer than my arm :roll: (On of the lads on my shift is selling Condemned 2 for a tenner so i've just said i'll be having that too! \:D/ )

I love Condemned!! The first one was the scarest game you could play in the dark on your own for sure! :twisted:

Unfortunately I dont think that code is going to work mate. :( It gets used once and thats it. Gets registered to each user on xbox live.

play the left for dead demo, i just about sh4t myself!!!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

thai boxer wrote:

Rubbish - FEAR gets that one every time. Scared the living xxxx out of me just playing the demo!

I nice cheap as chips game to plod through IMO too is Prey. Really enjoyed that for about a tenner IIRC. Just because a game is a bit old and not cutting edge doesnt mean it cant be enjoyed.

Oldies to consider are Prey & Condemned 1. IMO you shouldnt play Condemned 2 until you've played the first one.

If you like Heroes you'll recognise the voice for Ethan Thomas in Condemned 1 as well :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”