4 Red Lights - Xbox 360

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dukey

4 Red Lights - Xbox 360

Post by Dukey »

Man im pi$$ed off..... Not had any problems with my Xbox which ive owned for around 18 months now, brought as a Xmas present in 2006. Ive now got the 4 red lights showing on my xbox which details as a problem with the video cable.

After completing the routine checks as detailed on the Xbox website. Im still getting the same problem.

So i rang Xbox who confirmed that my 1 year warranty ran out 16th May 2008, and that to repair this it will cost £60 - £65, what a joke!!

Can anyone help with this, or does anyone know what i can do?

Thanks

Duke
matt_mr2t

Re: 4 Red Lights - Xbox 360

Post by matt_mr2t »

1 year warrenty?

I thought it was 3 years?
Dukey

Post by Dukey »

matt_mr2t wrote:1 year warrenty?

I thought it was 3 years?

Thats what i said to the girl on the phone, but she said the 3 year warranty is only for the 3 red lights not the 4 like i have. Typical!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Ok we're into new territory here - what does the 4 red lights mean then?

Have to say, I thought it looked wierd that you said 4.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

4 Red lights means a problem with the AV cable not being detected by the xbox. Have you tried a different cable?
Dukey

Post by Dukey »

un1eash wrote:4 Red lights means a problem with the AV cable not being detected by the xbox. Have you tried a different cable?

Yes i have one of the cables that i can connect to my flat screen pc monitor, not to sure what its called. This cable does exactly the same, 4 red lights. Seeing my brother tonight so he is bringing his component cable round see if that helps.

My xbox was working fine in the morning, havent moved it or anything like that, came to use it in the afternoon and the red lights have come on.

Thanks for your help.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I've had that before, turns out the connector on my old 360 was a bit twitchy and really needed the cable whacked home. Did that and it was fine.

As daft as it sounds, it might be that simple. Have you tried wiggling the cable around in the socket?
Dukey

Post by Dukey »

ekona wrote:I've had that before, turns out the connector on my old 360 was a bit twitchy and really needed the cable whacked home. Did that and it was fine.

As daft as it sounds, it might be that simple. Have you tried wiggling the cable around in the socket?

Not really no, i did unplug it a few times etc, still no joy. I will try and wiggle the plug tonight when i get home see if that makes any difference.
lehem

Post by lehem »

Return to “Games Consoles”