Street Fighter IV

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Street Fighter IV

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lol, downloaded the video preview for this last night. Is it just me or does it look about 10 years out of date?
Ekona

Re: Street Fighter IV

Post by Ekona »

It's you. It's as close to cutting edge as you could possibly get, and the art direction is incredible. All I need to do is to work out how to use my old SNES controller on the 360 for when this comes out, and I'll no longer have to leave the house again ever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

'Ave a word!

It doesnt even look like you can move in 3 dimensions.

It looks just like the old one with marginally better graphics. It was ok in it's time (no Mortal Kombat how ever!) but hideously dated now.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

matt_mr2t wrote:'Ave a word!

It looks just like the old one with marginally better graphics. It was ok in it's time (no Mortal Kombat how ever!) but hideously dated now.

No no no mate you're definately wrong here! 3D SF would be crap! 2D is the best way to have a fighting game. SF IV looks amazing! :shock: 8)

Looking forward to this one! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Might as well just download the original from xbox live then..... :shock:
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

matt_mr2t wrote:'Ave a word!

You're off your t1ts! It looks brilliant.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

More polygons don't equal better graphics. And it was miles better than every MK ever made.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Do any of you feel it makes full use of the power of the 360? It looks like it could have been done on older consoles fairly easily.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

matt_mr2t wrote:Do any of you feel it makes full use of the power of the 360? It looks like it could have been done on older consoles fairly easily.

I'm sure it would have come out for the XBOX and PS2 if they thought they were powerful enough to pull-off the next incarnation of SF. Forgot Soul Calibur IV, Forget Tekken whatever it's up too, Forget Mortal Kombat whatever it's up too, My moneys going on this :D

or if the makers of Tekken ever decide to use the game engine for a Transformers fighting game i might buy that.
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

2D fighting lol. I don't really need to say any more. Any one who buys this will be bored in no time. Even Mortal Kombat vs DC looks better and that looks daft.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Fighting games rarely work well in 3D. Even SC and VF only pay a token nod to using that spare plane.

Tbh if you don't like fighting games then SF4 isn't going to float your boat no matter what. That's fair enough, as personally I can't stand RTS games, either in 2D or 3D. Each to their own, but to say that SF4 looks crap simply isn't true.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Well i'm not lying! It looks crap to me. I like fighting games but to just dig up a 15 year old platform, tart it up a little bit, stick a new number on it then make out like its worthy is kidding itself. I'll stick to fight night for now and wait for the new one i've heard rumours about. At least you're not limited up left right up down.
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

matt_mr2t wrote:Well i'm not lying! It looks crap to me. I like fighting games but to just dig up a 15 year old platform, tart it up a little bit, stick a new number on it then make out like its worthy is kidding itself. I'll stick to fight night for now and wait for the new one i've heard rumours about. At least you're not limited up left right up down.

No but you are limited to 'punch'. I love fight night myself but it's not a beat-em-up if you ask me, it's a boxing sim.

Streetfighter 4 will be great, I'll be buying it and you'll be eating your words no doubt, but I still want Tekken 6 more :D
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Believe me, i won't be eating my words. What i meant about fight night was that i liked that way it plays nicely in 3 dimensions.
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

matt_mr2t wrote:Believe me, i won't be eating my words.

I think you might be, from what I can glean from the hands on tests so far. If you're a beat-em-up fan of any description you'll buy this game and probably love it.

Only time will tell though I suppose and it could turn out to be crap. I can't see that happening myself though. Just have to wait and see.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I USED to like beat em up games. Back when computer games had to be simple because that's all they could be. But i now realise that they are quite possibly THE most repetitive games ever invented. There really is nothing is there, just the same old fight. If you can only fight in two dimensions it's gonna be even MORE repetitive. I "suppose" it might be half interesting to play with your mates but there's surely better 3D games out there.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

glol, i'd gladly get them to spent more time on tuning the gameplay and balancing the characters than making it look good (which it does already IMHO).

SFII & Alpha still stand out as great games for me :+:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

When was the last time you played those though? I downloaded the demo of street fighter 2 and it was appalling! You just end up button mashing. It's hard to really get a real feel for it as the ott bulky characters look like one big lump and all the silly lights and "special effects" just get in the way. It feels about as natural as walking backwards.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

matt_mr2t wrote:When was the last time you played those though? I downloaded the demo of street fighter 2 and it was appalling! You just end up button mashing. It's hard to really get a real feel for it as the ott bulky characters look like one big lump and all the silly lights and "special effects" just get in the way. It feels about as natural as walking backwards.

I played SF2 on a flight between Singapore and Hanoi about 4 weeks ago. Was ace :+:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
anna

Post by anna »

Speedy wrote:
I played SF2 on a flight between Singapore and Hanoi about 4 weeks ago. Was ace :+:

Tis true... He wouldn't shut up about it.
And in comparing the Dreamliner to the A380, the Dreamliner won because it had SF2 on the inflight entertainment (ofcourse the A380 was way better, but I don't think the sailor had the chance to get distracted by the Dreamliner due to being on SF2 the whole way)
GO60 - Gaydon to Singapore Overland www.go60sharing.co.uk
Off soon! Follow my personal blog at http://go60.blogspot.com

Return to “Games Consoles”