Ripped off by importglimited - £30

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jm_mr2

Ripped off by importglimited - £30

Post by jm_mr2 »

Hi,

Back in May I purchased some metal pedal covers and TRD footrest cover from "importglimited". At first he seemd decent enough, quick replies to PM's etc. Sent cheque to him for payment said he'd received it and it got cashed (25th May) but no pedals arrived.

Since then I've PM'd him, phoned him dozens of times (have his mobile number, left answerphone message), text him, emailed him and even wrote a letter! I know he's about as he answered his phone the first time i phoned and said "he was busy with work and they'd be with me shortly etc", that was around the beginning of June. Now he just cuts me off whenever I phone! He's also replied to PM's from another member on here who I was in touch with who has bought something from him.

Just thought I'd warn anyone else who's thinking of buying stuff from him.

James
inky

Re: Ripped off by importglimited - £30

Post by inky »

Bad news there and I nearly got caught out myself by him. I wanted his Rev 6 lights but the price seemed too good to be true that we agreed on via PM. He didn't persue me to pay so I let it go and heard later from other members that he had offered them for sale to them as well at different prices.

It seems all these rip-off merchants need to do now is post a picture of a car with a few mods and say "I'm breaking this car!" and people just queue up to throw money at them :(

If you have his address can't you or someone who lives nearby, go round for a friendly chat? Failing that - send him a turd in a box every day for a month. Stock up on Bran Flakes - you'll feel better in every way :thumleft:
jm_mr2

Post by jm_mr2 »

Yeah you did escape with those lights! I think he was a genuine guy breaking his car as some other members bought brakes and sideskirts from him (although they sound like they were in pretty rubbish condition), no idea what he's playing at with the pedals but it's really winding me up! I have a feeling he's sold the leftovers to someone else and can't be bothered to refund me hoping i'll just go away.

I've got his full address but he lives 400 miles away in Dundee....
alan1150

Post by alan1150 »

I can't believe your still waiting on the pedals, it took approx a mth for my skirts to arrive. Which were is poor condition and as a result cost me extra at bodyshop due to having to fix cracks and scrapes. Am happy with them now but were certainly not "near perfect" as he described them.
jm_mr2

Post by jm_mr2 »

Yeah I think there's no chance of them turning up now. Kevin's not even answering the phone to me now. I'm just glad I didn't buy anything else of him as he clearly doesn't give a toss about anyone else but himself.
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

If you`ve got his address m8 i suggest you take a large turd in a box and sent it to him :thumleft:
jm_mr2

Post by jm_mr2 »

Haha that is a very tempting thought!

Return to “Trader Feedback”