Rev3 tubby project (car mapped ready for summer )

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

glen n

Re: Rev3 tubby project (car mapped ready for summer )

Post by glen n »

That would be amazing Chris! Does the rain tray need to be painted white first? My tray has a dent so I would need to source another one that was a bit tidier.

And yeah that's where the heatsheild ended up :lol: I somehow acquired it due to a mix up!
Chris_9011

Post by Chris_9011 »

glen n wrote:That would be amazing Chris! Does the rain tray need to be painted white first? My tray has a dent so I would need to source another one that was a bit tidier

Can be any colour you want mate, I always went for white as it's easiest (large can of appliance white from Halfords will cover the front and back with 2-3 coats)...

I could try and repair the dent in the tray you have, if it's being painted anyway any damage could be covered over with high build primer and then painted :thumleft:

(although it would leave you without a rain tray for a couple of weeks)
glen n

Post by glen n »

I like red red on white,I think it wouldn't look good on my car. I'll pm you :thumleft:
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

glen n wrote:I like red red on white,I think it wouldn't look good on my car. I'll pm you :thumleft:

:-k :-k

I think Red on white is the nuts mate! :wink:

TBH im thinking turbonoz for chroming might be a bit out of my league.

So hopefully Peter knows a 'reasonable' chromers near his neck of the woods :pray:

Id so love the deathstar on my rain lid, i'll be dropping Chris a PM too :wink:
glen n

Post by glen n »

I'll need to source a rain tray that isn't damaged,that let's me keep my rain tray on for now,it's rained here every day for weeks so I think I'll need it!

Jullian let me know what's happening with yore heatsheild,who's powder coating/chroming it.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Can't wait to see your car mapped properly Glen. I can hardly believe you're going to run it for so long unmapped, it must be torturous not booting it? If you're driving it, that is.

Looking forward to seeing the car next Scots meet :thumleft:
glen n

Post by glen n »

I'm not using the car very often just now,the weather hasn't been great and the tbar seals leaking drives me insane so just using it every few days so it's still moving. If it wasn't for the poor weather I'd have the rad out of it ready for the new one but it's just too wet just now. As for mapping,I don't really mind waiting,I had always planned to have the car ready for march time anyway.
CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Nice work Glen n,

Interested to see what the final figures will be \:D/

Craig
glen n

Post by glen n »

Yeah it will be good to see how the car performs when I get it mapped,everything seems good with the engine and parts I've bought so I'm hoping for good results.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

glen n wrote:Yeah it will be good to see how the car performs when I get it mapped,everything seems good with the engine and parts I've bought so I'm hoping for good results.

canny mind if you said you had forgies or not Glen?? what power are you hoping for??
glen n

Post by glen n »

Running standard internals just now,I don't have a particular figure in mind. When the water meth kit is installed I'm hoping I can run a bit more power safely. I've seen a few car run 350ish with similar mods to mine. I'm going to start buying my parts in for a new engine at the end of next year,I've spoken with Peter and got a shopping list.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Nice, think I'm gonna go down a similar road, possibly buy another block and forgies then pop it in once my current one lets go, loads still to do yet, think i'm gonna aim for about 350 as well, I think more than that would become too much of a handful on our potholed mess they call roads.
glen n

Post by glen n »

Once my car is mapped and I've been on the highland drive I'll have an idea of how well the car handles with the power it's got. Having a new bottom end made gives you peace of mind though and always means you can run more power if you want. I'll go rev 1 block and rev 3 head then sell my current bottom end.
synXero

Post by synXero »

I'd be interested to see how an MR2 copes with 350 Glen, given the Vette is 350 as well, would be an interesting comparison stock power vs tuned, heavier vs lighter, wider vs narrower, front engined vs rear engined, etc.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

MR2's cope with 350 absolutely spot on... They should have came out the wrapper like that! It's not too much that it gets lairy at all but it's enough to leave many bigger cars behind. (E92 M3, Evo FQ360, 911 carrera 4)

What I will say is that from my experience with that turbo kit it is that it will scare enough cars off anyway from the sheer sound. A little ricer fly by is enough to do the job :p

This will be a cracker once it's mapped and running to its potential. I really look forward to it and hope that I get the chance to see it mate.

Feel free to come over next Sunday Glen.. I'd have text you back but it's a tad late lol! I've just finished my portfolio :/ shattered ain't the word for it! 12 hours of solid typing.

Plus I've got an idea for your WI kit :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

George - are you going through to Krispy Cremes / Peebles on the 25th (this Saturday)?
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

I wasn't aware there was a meet buddy... What's the occasion?

I should be home so I don't see why not... Will probably have to bring the Caddy though #-o
synXero

Post by synXero »

GeorgeL wrote:I wasn't aware there was a meet buddy... What's the occasion?

I should be home so I don't see why not... Will probably have to bring the Caddy though #-o

It's just an 'Edinburgh Sports Cars Club' meet & run, ending up in Peebles because one of the guys there has a friend with a restaurant - the Courthouse.

Meet at Krispys at 12. I'll be driving through from Glasgow on the Saturday morning if you want to convoy?
glen n

Post by glen n »

I came on here earlier to see at the replies at mad times at night
,I was in my bed sound asleep.

Yeah I'll pop over on Sunday George and you can have a look at this kit. I'm hoping it can be installed neatly. I can't make the meet on Saturday because I need to work all day.
synXero

Post by synXero »

glen n wrote:I came on here earlier to see at the replies at mad times at night
,I was in my bed sound asleep.

I wish I had been too :( today was closing date for applications to the Royal College, so was up all bloody night!!

Return to “Member Profiles”