Dale on the BBC

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Century Motorsport

Re: Dale on the BBC

Post by Century Motorsport »

Dale_V wrote:
Century Motorsport wrote:I haven't read all the thread so apologise if i'm about to repeat what someone has already said but if someone is running a 100hp shot of nitrous then if they sat with the 'button' held down an 11lb bottle will last 1mintue 17seconds.

The price to fill an 11lb bottle is somewhere in the region of £40.

With that in mind fitting nitrous is less likely to be causing fatal accidents as it won't be enganged for long enough to reach these crazy speeds the AA are talking about.

If they are going to have a winge about something they should atleast do their research :roll:

Somone retrofitting a turbo into a non turbo car would be far more likely to be a potentail danger than nitrous.

Nathan

exactly the points i made in the interview, but the BBC cut the lot out #-o

Im not best pleased and neither is Trevor @ WON.

Typical of the media, they are very good at twisting words and making out a different story altogether!
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

yeah i was approached in my MR2 by a woman at a local retail park where there's been a bit of "spirited driving" going on for a few years, she was a reporter for the BBC had a film crew with her in a van.

there was a cruise planned for that night and they wanted to film it for a "documentary on car cruising" my guess is that they really wanted to film it for a Documentary on anti-social vehicle use / street racing.

i told her i couldnt help, didnt trust em at all.
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Dale_V wrote:
exactly the points i made in the interview, but the BBC cut the lot out #-o

Im not best pleased and neither is Trevor @ WON.

Doesn't surprise me one bit to hear this. The BBC have always had their own agenda with news stories and are far from the unbiased national news channel they try to make themselves out to be.

Disappointing to say the least from our publicly funded main broadcaster :thumbdown:
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

News isnt interesting unless its sensationalist eh.

The bellend from the AA needs his head read. 90%+ of modified cars are cosmetic anyway, especially with younger drivers. Putting a set of 17's and a stainless exhaust on a car isnt going to make it go quicker at all, on a smaller engined motor its probably going to slow it down.

Adrian Flux stick it to the man with logic and reason instead of pure bullsht.

http://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/2009/0 ... stats.html

Return to “Spotted”