Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sherwin1983

Re: Japfest 2013 - ***BOOKINGS CLOSED***

Post by sherwin1983 »

no mr postman yet!
mk2mattw

tickets!

Post by mk2mattw »

getting a little worried now as I haven't had a slip about postage or tickets yet! :pale:
shinny

Post by shinny »

KarlBristol wrote:My car won't be anywhere near finished for me to be able to attend. Such a shame, especially given all the hard work I put into organizing this

As such my ticket/stand pass is available and up for sale if anyone wants one :thumleft:

As I just posted on MR2OC:

Rather than selling your ticket, why don't you turn up at the meeting point in a non-MR2 car and give it to someone who's ticket hasn't arrived. That would be a much better show of good faith than trying to recoup your costs while people who were depending on you appear to be losing their money.

Just a suggestion, mind you.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

So you think its reasonable for me to put in 2-3 days solid work organizing an event for various clubs because no one else want to and also be out of pocket for the experience?

I don't understand your logic at all.
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
mk2mattw

tickets!

Post by mk2mattw »

getting a little worried now as I haven't had a slip about postage or tickets yet! :pale:
KarlBristol

Re: tickets!

Post by KarlBristol »

mk2mattw wrote:getting a little worried now as I haven't had a slip about postage or tickets yet! :pale:

Lol, you've already posted that once today! :lol:

I suggest that those of you who haven't received your tickets yet phone your local delivery office as it appears that postage was 9p short and they will be sent there first and a slip then sent out to you. They are probably just sat waiting for you.

Running list below please of those of you who have and haven't received a ticket yet

I have emailed the Japfest organizers to see if they can help

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I've got my ticket but have to go to sea this week so I guess I could send my ticket recorded delivery to anyone who hasn't got theirs. :-k

I can't even pass on the flags etc to anyone as I'm off on Thursday. :(
sherwin1983

track time

Post by sherwin1983 »

Anyone selling any track time? ive got one session but would like more.
KarlBristol

Re: track time

Post by KarlBristol »

sherwin1983 wrote:Anyone selling any track time? ive got one session but would like more.

If memory serves correct there was some going on the GT86 forum a couple of days ago...

Have you received your ticket?

Conan

Post by Conan »

shinny wrote:
KarlBristol wrote:My car won't be anywhere near finished for me to be able to attend. Such a shame, especially given all the hard work I put into organizing this

As such my ticket/stand pass is available and up for sale if anyone wants one :thumleft:

As I just posted on MR2OC:

Rather than selling your ticket, why don't you turn up at the meeting point in a non-MR2 car and give it to someone who's ticket hasn't arrived. That would be a much better show of good faith than trying to recoup your costs while people who were depending on you appear to be losing their money.

Just a suggestion, mind you.

WTF!!!???!!! :shock:

In my opinion Karl deserves a hell of a lot of credit for organising this. He has been fantastic and took a lot of time to sort everyone out. Did we even pay for Postage?

Comments like that are simply unnecessary and dampen an otherwise upbeat thread. You should at least have the decency to say unpleasant things in a PM.

Karl, mine arrived a few days ago. RM decided to get mine in just fine. Hoping everyone else gets there's soon too. Perhaps 'Tickets lost in the post' is something that can be brought up with Castle Combe/Japfest Reps?
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Thanks Conan, you don't know how happy your comment made me :mrgreen:

Its nice to have a positive response for once - I seem to be getting both barrels from a lot of people. All I'm trying to do is rectify the situation caused by Royal Mail through speaking to Japfest organizers and the Royal Mail. No one seems to notice though and just blames me.

Some of the comments on other forums has certainly made me think twice about spending all my spare time organizing events, especially given how little spare time I have. Given the fact that I spend more time in work each week than most people spend awake I may spend time focusing elsewhere in future especially given how some people have made me feel...

I "may" organize events for IMOC in future. I will never organize any cross-club events in future.

shinny

Post by shinny »

Conan wrote:In my opinion Karl deserves a hell of a lot of credit for organising this. He has been fantastic and took a lot of time to sort everyone out. Did we even pay for Postage?

Comments like that are simply unnecessary and dampen an otherwise upbeat thread. You should at least have the decency to say unpleasant things in a PM.

Conan, I was merely making a suggestion for how someone who has paid for a ticket and stand pass which they may not receive could still get a ticket and stand pass from the club. In fact my suggestion matches LimeymkI's post too. I have had more of a discussion on the other site with Karl and stipulated that his efforts are appreciated (including his efforts today in contacting JapFest) and that noone is blaming him if he's been given incorrect advice.

I'm sorry you thought I was somehow attacking Karl or being negative and I apologise to Karl if that's how he took it. However please don't warp a suggestion of how to help people frustrated by this mistake into some form of attack it wasn't intended to be. And, as you pointed out yourself, you're welcome to PM me if you wish to say something unpleasant about me...
Last edited by shinny on Tue May 07, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Shall we all end the views on the situation now and get on with the "received" and "not received" lists so I can rectify the situation

All the events threads over all the forums will go downhill very quickly otherwise if this turns into squabbling. I think we've all had our say now regarding the situation. Lets try and sort it out now :thumleft:

Lets keep things positive and polite

Lefty1991

Post by Lefty1991 »

Got my post office ticket today so ill go and pay the £1.09 and get my much awaited tickets tomorrow
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Yay!! Thats one more crossed off the list!
Thank you for letting me know

EmMR2

Post by EmMR2 »

mine was hiding in the RM holding office around the corner from my house, picked up and sent back out to another member today :)

Thanks for your hard work Karl and hope the next event you organise i can actually attend
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

EmMR2 wrote:Thanks for your hard work Karl and hope the next event you organise i can actually attend

No problem - me too! :lol:

sherwin1983

Post by sherwin1983 »

Big thanks to Karl it takes a lot of time and effort to sort things like this give me the name and number of the post office and ill write them a letter 8)
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

sherwin1983 wrote:Big thanks to Karl it takes a lot of time and effort to sort things like this give me the name and number of the post office and ill write them a letter 8)

No problem, I don't mind working hard for people who appreciate it :thumleft:

I wouldn't bother sending them a letter mate - it would never get there :lol:

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Got my post office ticket today too.

Again, massively appreciate all you have done Karl!

Return to “Past Events”