Electrical fault fixed!!!

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jim-mapps

Electrical fault fixed!!!

Post by jim-mapps »

Well I'm pleased to report that my constant battery drain has been fixed! Turned out to be the igniton relay in the engine bay fusebox. Certain I tried pulling that one with a multimeter attached ](*,)

Anyway, cost me £34.50 for an autoelectrician to come out to my work, find the fault and fix it... and he did it on credit for me as I was a week off payday. He just came in today for the money and asked how the motor's running. Just shows that sometimes it is worth paying a man who knows how. I must have spent about 45 hours looking for this fault with no joy.

If there's anyone in East yorks who needs an autoelectrician I'd recommend this bloke to anyone, Already sent my mum to him with her R33 which has the same battery drain problem as mine had!

Gimme a pm if anyone needs one :thumleft:
Steve-O 2007

Re: Electrical fault fixed!!!

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

jim-mapps wrote:Already sent my mum to him with her R33 which has the same battery drain problem as mine had

Your Mum drives a Skyline :shock: :shock: is it a GTR?? Cant imagine my Mum going out and buying a Skyline :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Get some pics up of it, love the R33 :thumleft:
fearless

Post by fearless »

i was just thinking that a mummy in a skyline wow that must be a sight, must admit when my dad drove my 2 home after me having an unexpected trip to the hospital i laughed he is 63 seeing him get out was so funny quite a fit old boy though :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
blaster

Post by blaster »

jim-mapps wrote:Well I'm pleased to report that my constant battery drain has been fixed! Turned out to be the igniton relay in the engine bay fusebox. Certain I tried pulling that one with a multimeter attached ](*,)

Anyway, cost me £34.50 for an autoelectrician to come out to my work, find the fault and fix it... and he did it on credit for me as I was a week off payday. He just came in today for the money and asked how the motor's running. Just shows that sometimes it is worth paying a man who knows how. I must have spent about 45 hours looking for this fault with no joy.

If there's anyone in East yorks who needs an autoelectrician I'd recommend this bloke to anyone, Already sent my mum to him with her R33 which has the same battery drain problem as mine had!

Gimme a pm if anyone needs one :thumleft:

have you got a snap of the relay it was please could be my trouble
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Good bit of advice here. Going to move over to Electrical. :thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six

Return to “Electrical”