My Nur Spec got stolen

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: My Nur Spec got stolen

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

yeah, it was probably pikeys after the cat. Did they take the wider section before the backbox too?
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

Dont know tbh Luke. Police are just being useless as usual, they didnt even know there is cctv where the exhaust was stolen ](*,) . Need to get down the garage and have a look at the car really.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Lack of communication,organisation,care and gumption between the parties dealing with your car. The vermin have some nerve going around doing that. :evil:
Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

RedMR² wrote:Just keep your eyes peeled for a 1.2 corsa/1.1 Saxo with a massively oversized for the car bodged Nur Spec :evil:

You are not narrowing the field down here :)
If at first you don't succeed...
give up skydiving!
fearless

Post by fearless »

these days people have a lot of front, i remember many years ago my mates neigbour had his door stolen dont laugh a mk 5 cortina thats how long ago it was,
the guy who stole it put all the bolts on the carpet in a nice neat line, my mate couldnt beleive it when he spoke to him about it, worse thing was he didnt hear a thing and it was done on his driveway complete madness,
the kids carry oxy cetlene with them aswell now thay cut through bike chains and gates to premises no matter how secure you make it thay go one better :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

my friend had an old white E30 BMW parked outside his house and someone stole the rear door trim. He was driving down the road he lived on, across a cross road into a not so nice area (this was about a 1 minute drive from his house) and found a red E30 BMW parked up with a white door trim on the rear so he nicked it back!! When he got home the scratch marks from the screw driver they used to get it off lined up perfectly with his car!! [-( [-( [-(
Harry

Post by Harry »

How did a state of the art car with top security sytems,locked in a garage plus with a heavy duty gate get stolen? They cut through all the gates and doors whilst the owners were sleeping - greased the sloped driveway slid it down the driveway.Most likely had a flatbed truck. :-s
craig

Post by craig »

Tsunami wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Just keep your eyes peeled for a 1.2 corsa/1.1 Saxo with a massively oversized for the car bodged Nur Spec :evil:

You are not narrowing the field down here :)

you may have a point there :-k
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

Im in Colchester, ill keep me eyes open.
RST

Post by RST »

demand the full exhaust, they lost it they replace it!

My mate Allan in the first reply has said exactly what I would have said -it's not your problem to source parts after this so spend no time on it, that's why the garage has insurance, they will prolly find it
easier to fork out for a new one to claim :evil: though they won't tell you that. Electrical probs can't help you (sorry).
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

Went and spoke to both garages involved so now have the full picture. The car was left outside on the 24th December by the auto elec in a locked yard with cctv but not inside the workshop as he asked my mechanics to go and collect it. My mechanics never collected it and when the electrician returned to work on the 5th January he noticed it was missing. You cannot see the yard from the road so someone knew the car was there. They climbed over a fence. They unbolted the whole rear section of the exhaust and the only bit im left with is the bit that joins to the downpipe and comes down and goes left. They stole the bit that then turns back on itsself and the backbox. The to$$ers left the gasket on the floor.
Both garages are excepting liability and the auto electricians insurance will have to pay out. His excess is 500 and his quote insurance next year will be 200 higher. Hes now thinking about buying the whole car off me as I have a standard exhaust lying about

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”