My Nur Spec got stolen

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stu b 1 tubby

My Nur Spec got stolen

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

....and im fuming. Ive had a electrical fault on my car for weeks now, my battery is getting full drained in 15mins. So the car went off to my usual garage 3 weeks ago for repairs. Now ive spent a hell of alot of money with this garage in the past and they also do my father in laws work vans(30+ vehicles) so they always offer brilliant service to me. They couldnt work out the problem so in turn gave my car to a local auto electricians to sort.
The auto electrician also couldnt find the problem ](*,) so rang my garage to collect my car. My garage said they would collect the car that evening so they auto elec left my car outside the workshop. Problems now start as my garage forgot to collect the car for 2 days over the weekend. I found out today that while my car awaited collection someone came along and cut the backbox off my system :evil: :evil: .
My garage have been very apolagetic and informed the police and offered to pay for a new backbox.
Now the questions
1. Can you join a nur spec system to a seperate nur spec backbox and where can I get a backbox.

2. If anyone knows of a chav driving around in Colchester/Clacton area with a Nur Spec on their saxo please inform me as they are going to get a very nasty shock.

3. If anyone has a 5zigen fireball exhaust secondhand or other single exit system goin please let me know as id like to keep the cost for my mechanic down.

Thanx once again guys
raptor95GTS

Re: My Nur Spec got stolen

Post by raptor95GTS »

demand the full exhaust, they lost it they replace it!
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

I might well have to. :thumleft:
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

i might have
craig

Post by craig »

They should be liable for the full exhaust mate, not expect you to bodge a backbox on. Not that you can get the backbox of a nur spec separately....
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

Yeah i thought you couldnt put a backbox on. I could just imagine a lovely upswept peco dtm backbox mated to my system. :shock:
craig

Post by craig »

stu b 1 tubby wrote:Yeah i thought you couldnt put a backbox on. I could just imagine a lovely upswept peco dtm backbox mated to my system. :shock:

=;

I wouldn't rest until I had a shiny new nurspec out of them!

remember ages and ages ago someone with a fiesta RS turbo bought a supra Nur Spec and grafted it onto his RS.
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

Dont know if to have another nup spec r or a 5zigen fireball. Id only had the Nur spec 3 months as well
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

I have a Nurspec with a damaged flexi I could let go for cheap.
pm for details.
James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

pm'd
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

Its one thing to steal someones peoperty, but to destroy something as beutifully crafted as a nur spec has left me utterly speakless.
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

I know. I feel fairly confident that ill find the arsehole who done it. I still cant see why someone would cut off just the backbox though. :-k
craig

Post by craig »

stu b 1 tubby wrote:I know. I feel fairly confident that ill find the arsehole who done it. I still cant see why someone would cut off just the backbox though. :-k

Just keep your eyes peeled for a 1.2 corsa/1.1 Saxo with a massively oversized for the car bodged Nur Spec :evil:

Gutted for you mate, first I've heard of someone stealing an exhaust by CUTTING it off the car!!

How did nobody see them? Was it left outside the electricians overnight? :?
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

I would be completely pi$$ed off if I found out my car was left outside unprotected on its own for 2 days :shock:

any CCTV out side the electricians?

What I dont get it why hack saw it off, surely it would have been faster to just unbolt it... But then again we are most likely talking about chavs taking it for a corsa that wont know how to operate a spanner...

Hope they didnt mark your body work or anything getting it off
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

It just seems my mechanics forgot about it. Ive just been to where it was stolen from and there is cctv pointed at the gate where the car was. The thing that concerns me is that you cant see the gate from the road so somebody had done there homework and knew my car was there :evil: :evil:
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

Police are round tommorrow to take a statement from me :-k :-k so will get all details etc tommorrow hopefully
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

lol some people have more neck than a giraffe.

Id be fuming like no doubt, I just think its mental that you imagine someon purposely coming out with a porable grinder of hacksaw and tools to actually lay underneath someones car and steal their exhaust.

This world is pure bonkers.

If you get it replaced its unfortunate but resolvable, you could of had your car taken mate, bright side is, its just a backbox and will be sorted.

Graeme
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

tbh part of m wishes my car was taken because knowone can work out what this bloody electrical faul is
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

lol :lol:
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

They are using portable grinders Saws far a while now to steal Cats for the platinum in them that is just damn cheeky though

Demand a Full new system [-(

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”