[Mk2] [NA] Rev 1 electrics under the steering column

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jim-mapps

[Mk2] [NA] Rev 1 electrics under the steering column

Post by jim-mapps »

Anyone know what these are/were? They're under the steering column on the right hand side.

The wires behind my dash have been butchered in all sorts of places by a previous owner. Something's draining my battery and I'm trying to figure out what.

The white loop in the middle comes out of one socket on the back of the plug and is connected in with another one, white with brown bands on it if I remember correctly. :-k

All other connections seem to be a bodged stereo connection and though they're all still there, they're all disconnected and insulated. Could this loop be draining it?

Cheers :thumleft:
si2040

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Rev 1 electrics under the steering column

Post by si2040 »

only one way to find out disconnect and see what happens. Trouble shooting from a few pics here would be too hard..
MR2 Night Fox
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

Aye, tried that, no joy, I'm going through the whole car 1 plug at a time! Tried all the fuses in all 3 boxes, none of them kill the power drain #-o
3sgte

Post by 3sgte »

looks like a turbo timer loom there
you should be able to take the shorter section of wiring out and then clip the 2 plugs you just disconnected to remove the short loom back together as they were when it left the factory
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

Hmmm... shouldn't be a turbo timer, it's N/A!!! :lol:

Did a test with the old multimeter across that short section of wire too which showed no current :-k Though now I'm going to have to go do that again as I reckon the batterywas probably disconnected when I did the test!! :lol:

Really doing my head in this battery drain, have to take the earth lead off every time I park up! ](*,)

Return to “Electrical”