[Mk2] [Turbo] Toyo Proxes T1Rs from Camskill?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

diycinema

[Mk2] [Turbo] Toyo Proxes T1Rs from Camskill?

Post by diycinema »

I've got a full set of Proxes T1-R's, the rears are getting close to illegal so i'm looking for a new pair but don't want to change make until the fronts are worn down.

The best i've found (by about £20!) is camskill.co.uk who want £151.40 delivered for a set of 2 in 225/50/15. I'm gonna get them fitted locally, got a quote for £12.60 a corner including balancing.

Does anyone know a cheaper place than camskill or camskill promo code?

Thanks for any help in advance.
diycinema

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Toyo Proxes T1Rs from Camskill?

Post by diycinema »

Just noticed there is discount for premium members, anyone know what the discount is? I'd rather pay the club the saving if it's worth it.
jdbecks

Post by jdbecks »

www.event-tyres.co.uk cheaper and they even fit them at your house

£96 fitted for the toyo in your size

x2 Tyres = £192.50 3 x Tyres = £288.75 4 x Tyres = £365.75 (Save £19.25)

all the prices inc VAT and fitting
diycinema

Post by diycinema »

Cheers, but the camskill / local fitter combo i mentioned above comes to £176.28
owai

Post by owai »

ordered a set of 2 x 205/40/16 from camskill worked out at 124 quid
cheapest i found plus they they shipped out the next day.
the post above is for one tyre so i think it works out cheaper to get them from camskill :)
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

I haven't found anywhere that can supply tyres cheaper than Camskill either so my last few sets of tyres have all been from them :thumleft:

One thing about those mobile fitters - has anyone else noticed that they sometimes 'cheat' on the balancing? I wasn't aware of it until a friend pointed it out to me but they often don't bother to balance the wheels properly - they just stick one or two sticky weights on the back of the rim for show and say it's done - this is quite common when they know the tyres are going on the rear of the car as any vibration is not going to be very noticeable.

I used mobile fitters on 2 occasions before my friend told me to check the weights at the back of the rim. Sure enough on both occasions there was only a single 10g weight stuck to the back of the rims. I don't understand why they would do something like that - it only takes 5 minutes to do it properly :lol: (I take it they do have the balancing machine in the back of the van??)
diycinema

Post by diycinema »

Yeah i think you've got a point there, my last set of toyos (bought by the previous owner) were fitted in the back of a van and the fronts weren't balanced properly. I never had the rears checked but wouldn't be surprised if they were off too..

Looks like i'll be ordering from camskill then, thanks for the comments :D
RST

Post by RST »

I was going to ask, how do you balance a tyre out the back of a van? I know it's just a spinning weight but surely a tyre balancer needs to be firmly affixed to the floor.

...tried Demon Tweeks and bartered? -Theyve offered me deals 20-30% cheaper on tyres than I can get locally. Worth a shot maybe?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”