My rev 3 turbo vs S2000

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

mr2nut123

Re: My rev 3 turbo vs S2000

Post by mr2nut123 »

Bibbs wrote:The cost is defo a different league.
But then the MR2 has 10 years on the S2000.

But you could spend £100 on a Calibra and claim it's better bang for buck than the MR2 (you'd be retarded to, but you could).

For the price I sold my rev2 Turbo for .. it didn't even cover the superchager, ancillories and tuning.

My car is a fraction of the price of a GT3 RS, but it's quicker in a straight line. Does that make mine a better car?

If it does in your eyes then yes to be honest.

My MR2 could be outhandled by my dads RB320 extremely easily, but I tons prefer to drive the tubby after having driven the Scooby quite a few times now. The seating position is better, in a straight line I would have it and I prefer how the Turbo spools on the tubby in comparison to all the power being top end on the Scoob.
Bibbs

Post by Bibbs »

mr2nut123 wrote:If it does in your eyes then yes to be honest.

It doesn't, in my eyes.

Just as I see my change from the MR2 to the S2000 an upgrade. I know it'll not keep MR2 owners happy, but it's all down to personal opinion.
lower

Post by lower »

mr2nut123 wrote:When I said mine whups it, I mean past 80mph it's a piece of p1$$ to pull away from an s2k and when you start getting into high end triple figures it's not even worth playing with them but the supercharger kit sounds good I have to say.

I'd like to see that. It doesn't match my experience and i've owned both.

I suppose it depends on what you call mildly moddified.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

lower wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:When I said mine whups it, I mean past 80mph it's a piece of p1$$ to pull away from an s2k and when you start getting into high end triple figures it's not even worth playing with them but the supercharger kit sounds good I have to say.

I'd like to see that. It doesn't match my experience and i've owned both.

I suppose it depends on what you call mildly moddified.

Ok I suppose i've got a ct20 but that's just like having a rev3 tubby at 17psi boost. downpipe, apexi induction kit and downpipe with backbox.
lower

Post by lower »

if its running right then that would be quicker than a Standard S2k.

I call a lightly moddified car a standard engine and turbo with slightly upped boost, eg MBC abd FCD as per my old rev2.
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

lower wrote:if its running right then that would be quicker than a Standard S2k.

I call a lightly moddified car a standard engine and turbo with slightly upped boost, eg MBC abd FCD as per my old rev2.

I'm guessing mine will be in the 300bhp mark with those mods by going what people have previously got on here. This s2k really was going nuts and past 100 I made it look silly but up to about 80mph I wasnt pulling as much on it as what I thought I would
SW20Paul

Post by SW20Paul »

If it was that easy to pull away I think the s2k probably backed off once he got past the speed limit.

It would be pretty close you might pull on it a bit but definitely not make it look silly.

Return to “Driving Experiences”