92' Rev 2 327 BHP TURBO WITH FORGED PISTONS GOING CHEAP

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

The Morris

92' Rev 2 327 BHP TURBO WITH FORGED PISTONS GOING CHEAP

Post by The Morris »

i cant beleive this day would ever come. But im saving for a wedding and i only use it on my day off, so it has to go.

Ive had the car since 04/07/04 and been an imoc memeber the same time. This car always starts first time and has been great fun.

FULL MOT AND 10 MONTHS TAX :D

it has done 96422 KM on the old clock and 55200 miles on the replacement. It is kept in the garage

2 years and 9000 miles ago the headgasket went and i had a new block with forged pistons, rev 3 cam, metal headgasket and arp head bolts. It was expensive but meant i could tune further in the future.

The car looks awsome from 10 feet , like its made from glass (due to clay bar), but obviously has the usual blemishes of a 15 year old car when close up. When i first got it i had the nose resprayed so there is very few stone chips. I have bought a full body kit and planned to have it fitted with a respray, but the wedding comes first.

The Spec

92 rev 2 GTS - Climate control, Steering fogs, ABS, Electric retractable wing mirrors, half leather seats, basically everything apart from TRC and LSD

Engine. All tuning carried out by Andi at AM tuning

Replacement Rev 2 block from JJ
Forged pistons
Rev 3 cam
Metal head gasket
ARP headbolts
Blitz Bag turbo - rebuily by TT and fitted with a single port wategate.
C2 downpipe
Departure 2 - with new flexi section
Greddy intercooler
Aquamist water injection - placed at throttle body for detonation control
Unichip and boost module - mapped by Noble
Magnecor leads
New Dizzy and rotor arm in the last year
Cone filter
MBC
Oil catch can

Wheels
Fox RS5 17" - 4000 miles old
Toyos

Suspension
Bilstein shocks
Lowered

Brakes
Drilled, grooved front discs
Black diamond pads

Security
Clifford CAT 1

Interior
Momo steering wheel
Momo gear knob
Sony CD player
Sony 6x9 rear speakers
Boost guage
Duel pillar pod
Origional mats

The wheels look great

The best exhaust

The engine, im not a man who polishes theirs :D

The interior

My last Dyno at 327 BHP

I believe at 327 bhpits the perfect powere as its very fast but with no lag. This car is fast. 8)

Ok now the bad points, hence a cheaper price. I want the car to go to a good home so i am being honest

The exhaust is smoking when i first hit full boost and some white smoke on idle. I have had it looked at and apparently the turbo is leaking oil. This is really dissapointing as i had it rebuilt by TT and would expect it to last longer. I am running it at 18 psi so nothing excessive. The turbo still pulls great and i wouldnt of noticed if i didnt see the smoke. This turbo may last for ages but i cant guarentee it. My plan was to buy a 2nd hand TT hybrid and have it remapped to 350 bhp. A cT20b would also produce the figures it is at now with a good map. But the engine is begging for a bigger turbo to take advantage of the rebuild.

The A/C compressor failed, i have had a replacement fitted but have not got round to having it gassed, was going to wait till the warm weather came again in 6 months.

I caught the rear bumper on the garage and it has pulled the bumper slightly, you might not notice unless you were looking hard. But to help the sale i will give the buyer a FREE TOMS REAR BUMPER BY NEOS DESIGN which we all know is a perfect fit and cost me £250

there is wear on thr drivers seat which is a common feature. Apart from that the interior is superb.

Lastly the alternator belt squeaks sometimes on start up, just needs tightening.

Ok, the price, i paid £3500 for this car and have spent over £7k on it. If it didnt have a problem with the turbo i would want over £4k for it. Looking at the spec and forged engine i will consider any offers over £3k.

It is available wednesdays and sundays and any evening.

The Morris

Re: 92' Rev 2 327 BHP TURBO WITH FORGED PISTONS GOING CHEAP

Post by The Morris »

Oil change every 3000 miles and just had one :D
dmhoward82

Post by dmhoward82 »

im interested but worried about the tubby as well wouldnt wanna buy it n it to blow on me then more money any work on theprice OR is the tubby still in warrenty
Kubus

Post by Kubus »

car is sold mate :)

Return to “MR2s for Sale”