[Mk2] [Turbo] Cooling system pics

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

rmarr1980

[Mk2] [Turbo] Cooling system pics

Post by rmarr1980 »

Hi has anyone got any photos of the cooling system pipes and hard pipes as have just put my engine back in and have forgotten where 2 of the hard pipes are bolted to.

thanks guys
rmarr1980

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Cooling system pics

Post by rmarr1980 »

Come on guys just need some photos of the gearbox and inlet manifold areas urely someone has got some close up shots??
rmarr1980

Post by rmarr1980 »

Come on guys just need some photos of the gearbox and inlet manifold areas surely someone has got some close up shots??
deadhumancollector

Post by deadhumancollector »

sorry, no pics, but which pipes are you stuck on? i can have a look and let you know.

Simon :mrgreen:
rmarr1980

Post by rmarr1980 »

There are 2 metal pipes one is a half moon shape single pipe need to know where it bolts onto I think its gearbox side? The other has 2 heatshields and has about 6 pipes all small in diameter which i think locates on the inlet manifold but could be wrong?

thanks
stevek

photos

Post by stevek »

Hi mate can you post some photos of the pipes so i can see which ones they are. i have some photos but not that close up.Regards Steve
rmarr1980

Post by rmarr1980 »

These are the 2 pipes that I'm not sure where they mount to.

1)Image

the other pipe is.
2)Image

Any help will be great.
spwd

Post by spwd »

Hi mate,can you not look in the bgb or if you have one of those cd manuals from ebay??hth?
rmarr1980

Post by rmarr1980 »

Got a cd manual off ebay but doesn't show the parts for the cooling system. so bit stuck on that one but thanks for the idea.
GT Rich

Post by GT Rich »

Well the top picture (half moon one as you call it) fits as you know on to the inlet manifold and you have the water pipes from the throttle body going to it and also a breather pipe. They then link in to the hard metal pipes that run by the side of your block that sits just above the gearbox. Which if you also follow feeds into the turbo (if you are still using the standard unit) but also join up to the main water way by the thermostat. As for the breather that links into the pipe that sits right next to your dizzy cap and runs across to your inlet s shape pipe that fits onto your turbo.

The other one i have found the pipe it fits to but can't find where it is located/bolts to. Can't remember the exact pipe so will check tomorrow in the light and post back up for you.

And as for the BGB it's crap as i struggled with it on the water system too :(

hth dude :thumleft:

Rich
stevek

Post by stevek »

Hi the single pipe looks like the one that bolts to the top two gearbox bolts that holds the box to the block. regards Steve
rmarr1980

Post by rmarr1980 »

Spot on guys got them installed \:D/ should be looking good for her first run out this year gonna tax it on sat then hopefully run her in then got to donny show on sun if anyone is there be good to see some more 2's.
:thumleft:

Thanks

Return to “Modifications”