Shell V-Power 99 RON!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RaceDesign(NiteraMR2)

Re: Shell V-Power 99 RON!

Post by RaceDesign(NiteraMR2) »

Lol! no not bedroom thats the ironing board loaded with laundry. Tell you the truth i didnt even notice, i was just trying to get enough light on the page to take a pic.

Sorry about the Mrs's undercrackers. :lol:

Ooops!

Besides arent you meant to be reading the document.

:oops: :lol: 8-[
Lictor

Post by Lictor »

Just filled up with v-power tonight and I thought the car was running a lot smoother (Rev 2 tubby). The only thing I found online that said it was a straight re-brand was wikipedia and that could have been edited by Esso or anyone :) So to me definitely seems like 99 RON.
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

V-power + Octane booster = =P~

:D
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Topped this up yesterday and took it for a long drive...deffo has a nice kick to it...Doesnt eat as fast as Tesco Super :)
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Filled my rev3 tubbie up with it today... gotta say, it could be subjective but it felt a bit better on boost.. just felt stronger, more positive and the power seemed to be there consistantly, sometimes on boost it seems to waiver a bit.

Time will tell if its just a placebo i guess!
screech205

Post by screech205 »

That's what i've found with it, used 3 tanks of it and does seem a lot better on boost and just as many if not more MPG than Optimax :D
arman

Post by arman »

have to say my car feels more responsive and for the first time since i bought the car well over a year ago i managed over 200miles to a full tank, 256 to be precise!!!! well done shell! =D>
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Wow! never say more than 33 mile to a tenner of optimax.. well just gt to the petrolstation on 40 miles! to £10 of v-power! 1st time since i brought the car!
RedWitch

Post by RedWitch »

I've always been sceptical of the advertised "benefits" of SUL fuels, but having used a tank of V-Power I must say that the engine runs much smoother!
EarL

Post by EarL »

smiffy1982 wrote:Hmm i wonder if this is in all the shell garages, or like tesco us south west welsh peeps dont get the 99ron stuff :(

You're wrong there Mr Smiff. Tesco's in Penarth Marina has 99 octane. :wink:
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

why buy v power when tesco is 5p cheaper
Antstarr

Post by Antstarr »

Morris if u bothered to read the post you would realise why...V Power gets me more miles for some reason...smooth delivery and more responsive.

They say Tesco petrol goes like water.
Watashi wa Ant desu, BAKA!!!
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i certainly got crap mileage on tesco 99, 40-50miles less, and didnt feel as good.
like i said earlier, luckily this stuff is out now, ill be getting mapped on it.

difference is only 2p round my way as well last time i used it.
gordy.r

Post by gordy.r »

Ive just filled up my first tank of V-power (was religiously an Optimax man, so why not continue with the new breed of fuel from Shell) and i must say im impressed!!! And its the same price as Optimax too! 8)
jonb-

Post by jonb- »

I hear v-power has added benzine, detergents and a double dose of placebo.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

Antstarr wrote:Morris if u bothered to read the post you would realise why...V Power gets me more miles for some reason...smooth delivery and more responsive.

I get angry when people call me morris :evil:

I was not aiming tha tat you.

I would pay a little extra but not 5p a litre

Im sure people who sayit goes quicker or feels better is just a state of mind
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

The Morris wrote:
Antstarr wrote:Morris if u bothered to read the post you would realise why...V Power gets me more miles for some reason...smooth delivery and more responsive.

I get angry when people call me morris :evil:

I was not aiming tha tat you.

I would pay a little extra but not 5p a litre

Im sure people who sayit goes quicker or feels better is just a state of mind

Y does it make you angry?

at the end of the day 'The Morris', surely if you want a 'Cheap to run' car, you wouldnt buy a performance sports car in the first place!

and therefore , being as you have opted to buy a Fuel guzzling, air polluting sports car, surely it would be worth paying the extra 5p as so to makesure your 'Performance' car, runs at its Safest and best Performance possible! (oh and pollutes the air as small ammount as possable for the type of car it is)

:P:P:P

btw, tesco where i am (south east nr london ish) is 97.6p p/ltr ish v-power is 98.9p so theres not even 2p in it! dunno what the difference is in a whole tank, but id amagin it wouldnt be more than a quid!?
Harry

2 thumbs up vpower as per title.

Post by Harry »

Filled up with vpower in our beams altezza(lexus shape) a massive noteable improvement to acceleration throttle response smooth power band rapid red line and have not tested the power switch which engages a higher red line bearing in mind this baby revs till for ever.Feels like when
i add octane boost but double the experience.imho. :) 8) 8)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

I'm not one for all this petrol hype but i've got to admit i like the V-power stuff and it's 1p cheaper than optimax was :P

Who knows if it really has improved performance or smoothness but it certainly feels like it has and for me thats good enough... My tubby has always like'd optimax great mpg... unlike using Ultima :roll:

V-power :thumright: from me.
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

I'd love to try this but there are no longer any shell stations close enough any more. Not even on my route to work :(

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”