Veranti Spider

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CalMac

Veranti Spider

Post by CalMac »

If this is a genuine mk2 Spider underneath surely it's worth buying just to rip off the Veranti kit and sell on? :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHOW-QUALITY- ... 6942&rt=nc
craig

Re: Veranti Spider

Post by craig »

Considering that genuine spyders were all rev4, that's a stock 1991 rev1 with the roof cut off.

Probably a death trap on the road. No strengthening in the roof, resulting in massive chassis flex, and a horrible looking thing to boot.

=;
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Didn't know that, learn something new every day :lol:

I agree though, it's hideous.
craig

Post by craig »

With, what looks like lurvely Peugot 207 Lexus rear lights. :sick:
Draven

Post by Draven »

Also looking throught the pictures its a 3SFE... not only will it flex like a mofo.. it has virtually no power at all.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

If that drove past me and i hadnt of been told it was an mr2 i would not of realized #-o .. what a strange looking car :-k not for me thankyou :sick:
mr2garageswindon

Post by mr2garageswindon »

We had one in a few months back, the customer had just just bought it. Missing rear anti roll bar, cam belt 2 teeth out, no brake hose clips fitted, rear wheel bearing loose where driveshaft nut wasn't tightened and hub nut rusted in place. Unusual looking car for sure but I suppose its all about personal taste. It had a private plate on it and at first look I wasn't sure what the hell it was. Chassis flex was quite noticeable but roof off cruising around is what its all about. Rear lights are yuk tho.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

mr2garageswindon wrote:Rear lights are yuk tho.

Agreed :sick: .. and agreed again, scuttle shake must be a nightmare ](*,)
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Draven wrote:Also looking throught the pictures its a 3SFE... not only will it flex like a mofo.. it has virtually no power at all.

They obviously fitted the 3SFE as a safety precaution, in the hope that you'll never be going fast enough to crash :lol:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

CalMac wrote:
Draven wrote:Also looking throught the pictures its a 3SFE... not only will it flex like a mofo.. it has virtually no power at all.

They obviously fitted the 3SFE as a safety precaution, in the hope that you'll never be going fast enough to crash :lol:

Ha .. or rattle a filling loose from excessive scuttle shake :lol:
Torero

Post by Torero »

The SW20 T-Bar is basically a tarted up conertible, the bar and rear window aren't required for rigidity as the chassis has been strengthened. Which is why they weigh more.

Surely whoever would build one of these would do their homework and use a T-Bar rather than butcher a tin top.

Just the same, not my cup of tea at all. =;
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
Jhiss

Post by Jhiss »

CalMac wrote:If this is a genuine mk2 Spider underneath surely it's worth buying just to rip off the Veranti kit and sell on? :roll:

- Veranti are made from T-bar MR2s.
- MR Spiders are made from Tin-top MR2s and the windshields have been strengthened by Technocraft.

You can put all your body on the different windshields and you will feal the difference.
Torero

Post by Torero »

Jhiss wrote:
- Veranti are made from T-bar MR2s.
- MR Spiders are made from Tin-top MR2s and the windshields have been strengthened by Technocraft.

Fascinating, I never knew that.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Jhiss wrote:
You can put all your body on the different windshields and you will feal the difference.

I can just imagine the owners reactions when I crawl onto their bonnet and sprawl my body across the windscreen "don't worry I'm just seeing what we've got here" :lol:

Doubt I'll ever see either in the metal to be honest, but interesting nonetheless :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”