Rain Repellents

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

synXero

Re: Rain Repellents

Post by synXero »

Was cleaning up my mum's mini and applied some rain-x, made me think of this thread. I think one of the causes of the smearing is use of poor quality microfibre towels. I happened to pick up a very short pile, small cheapo cloth to put it on with. I realised pretty quickly it was going nowhere!! I used s better one after that and it was just as pain free as usual. I think a good screen clean + wiper clean + dry + rain-x on + buff off fully is pretty successful and very easy.

You don't need to polish the glass or anything but it's not going to do any harm if you did.
Judderman

Post by Judderman »

I have used RainX and Halfords own brand. For me both seemed to be much the same. Its easy to put too much on and you end up with what looks like a mist on the windscreen which is a bit of a mare to get off again considering its designed to repel water lol ](*,)
RST

Post by RST »

Meguires glass polish (the very light blue cream polish) is the best thing I've used by far. It lifts dirt when you polish it off, I don't like beading on my screen -after using this the water just runs off rather than beading, bit difficult to describe but very good product. Keep your windows clean first I guess.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”