[FINALIZED] 1997 TOYOTA MR2 T Bar Rev4 Turbo PRICE DROP

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

goggins1234

1997 TOYOTA MR2 T Bar Rev4 Turbo PRICE DROP

Post by goggins1234 »

mr2 T bar rev4 turbo, MOT till may 2015, excellent condition, no rust, 17" wolfrace alloys with falken tyres all round, walbro fuel pump, Hel performance brake lines fitted all round, blitz boost gauge fitted, Greddy boost controller fitted, after market intercooler fitted with matching pipe work and hks bov, decatted with mongoose exhaust, apexi induction kit, rear is poly bushed including engine mounts, interior is immaculate with full leathers and white speedhut dials. This is a UK model that's had a turbo conversion completed by myself and I would say is running at about 280bhp, The engine has had a full rebuild including timing belt, water pump, tensioners, valve seals, piston rings, etc the engine runs perfect and smooth the lsd gearbox works as it should with smooth gear changes, the whole car is mint. definitely a clean example, all OEM parts used. The original cat is included and the car is used daily, This car is mint all over. Boost is running at 1 bar. The conversion came from 1996 rev3 with front end damage. I'm in West Bromwich, West Midlands. I've uploaded some pictures, but I have loads of pictures of the actual build from start to finish basically. Anyone who's genuinely interested and wants to come and view you're welcome. this mr2 is priced to sell
selling for £3000

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/Micha ... t=3&page=1
Last edited by goggins1234 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: 1997 TOYOTA MR2 T Bar Rev4 Turbo

Post by Peter Gidden »

goggins1234 wrote:This mr2 is not registered as a turbo and the insurance for the year cost me £230

I presume that insurance quote is as a N/A with turbo conversion and all modifications declared?
goggins1234

Re: [FINALIZED] 1997 TOYOTA MR2 T Bar Rev4 Turbo PRICE DROP

Post by goggins1234 »

sorry peter that was a mistake
mr2nut123

Re: 1997 TOYOTA MR2 T Bar Rev4 Turbo

Post by mr2nut123 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
goggins1234 wrote:This mr2 is not registered as a turbo and the insurance for the year cost me £230

I presume that insurance quote is as a N/A with turbo conversion and all modifications declared?

:-$ ..... [-X
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

goggins1234 wrote:sorry peter that was a mistake

Seen the same mistake on ads for it on faceache and
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-TOYOTA-M ... 7675.l2557
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C560090
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

This car is not recognised as a turbo and therefore your insurance will be invalid. :lol: Seriously, just declare it for what it is, probably be little increase on price. Upto the next buyer to declare it or not I guess, personally I would just keep it 100 percent legit for the sake of the hassle you may have in the event of needing an insurance payout. Looks a nice car GLWS.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

So if he drove into someone else, will his insurance pay for their car damage if he has wrongly insured his car?
Always wondered this.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

markstevieandmads wrote:So if he drove into someone else, will his insurance pay for their car damage if he has wrongly insured his car?
Always wondered this.

Not a fecking hope, and he would get bent over and shafted for serious insurance fraud.

And this sort of stuff is why we pay such high premiums folks, so thanks for that!

Plus, openly stating this on the world wide web, simply incredible.

Genius.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

As riveting as the conversation about OP's insurance arrangements, this is not the place for it, it's a sale thread.

Also, for the record - if someone insures a car as an NA, and it's had a turbo conversion but they haven't declared it and they crash into someone, their insurer will pay out. Their insurer can then take you to court to claim their costs back. There is no situation where they simply won't pay out - that's BS.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Gazza_DJ wrote:As riveting as the conversation about OP's insurance arrangements, this is not the place for it, it's a sale thread.

Also, for the record - if someone insures a car as an NA, and it's had a turbo conversion but they haven't declared it and they crash into someone, their insurer will pay out. Their insurer can then take you to court to claim their costs back. There is no situation where they simply won't pay out - that's BS.

Correct. Your insurance documents will say somewhere that the details you have given them regarding yourself and the car you insure if not correct will not effect a 3rd parties claim.
No 2 :(
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

For the previous two points, are you two saying this from a point of certainty?

I know that here in Aus that insurance companies declare insurance policies 'null and void', refund your fee paid and totally wash their hands of drivers who have knowingly (and they leave the onus on the driver to prove that they didn't honestly and reasonably know) that their car was not insured as described.

Same goes for if you have a crash when drunk, insurance company says you haven't complied with the agreement, keep their shareholders happy and cancel the policy.
Nails

Post by Nails »

They dont do that here. Drunk driving means they won't pay for the drunks damage but they will pay for the damage caused to others. Same goes for non declared mods etc.
Different kettle of fish if some one has a fit with an undiagnosed illness or a mechanical failure though.
Nails

Post by Nails »

They dont do that here. Drunk driving means they won't pay for the drunks damage but they will pay for the damage caused to others. Same goes for non declared mods etc.
Different kettle of fish if some one has a fit with an undiagnosed illness or a mechanical failure though.
BALDYMONSTER

Post by BALDYMONSTER »

Gazza_DJ wrote:As riveting as the conversation about OP's insurance arrangements, this is not the place for it, it's a sale thread.

Is this before or after the fairies at the bottom of the garden have come to save you?

You smash into someone or something in a vehicle that's insured as having one engine but actually having another (in this cas much more powerful) they wouldn't give anyone a penny.

The third party would have to go down the Motor Insurance Bureau to TRY and get some of their cash.

Insurance companies will refuse to pay out of you don't inform them of non standard alloys, air filter or lowering springs ffs.

Actually believing that they will pay out when some clown has a turboed car he declared as Naturally Aspirated is wired to the moon!

It would be a legal battle costing at least one party fortunes.

More chance of Stephen Hawkings tiling your bathroom.

And again, actually posting this up on the web and strongly hinting at what a money saver it is......spare us.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Read your policy T+C's / booklet. Your insurer will still pay out for the other party involved, and can claim their costs back from you.
Nails

Post by Nails »

BALDYMONSTER wrote:

Is this before or after the fairies at the bottom of the garden have come to save you?

You smash into someone or something in a vehicle that's insured as having one engine but actually having another (in this cas much more powerful) they wouldn't give anyone a penny.

The third party would have to go down the Motor Insurance Bureau to TRY and get some of their cash.

Insurance companies will refuse to pay out of you don't inform them of non standard alloys, air filter or lowering springs ffs.

Actually believing that they will pay out when some clown has a turboed car he declared as Naturally Aspirated is wired to the moon!

It would be a legal battle costing at least one party fortunes.

More chance of Stephen Hawkings tiling your bathroom.

And again, actually posting this up on the web and strongly hinting at what a money saver it is......spare us.

Read my post before yours. I work dealing with car claims all day long. If its just minor mods that haven't been declared then you can pay the difference in the policy that it would have been declared and then claim yourself.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

If its just minor mods that haven't been declared then you can pay the difference in the policy that it would have been declared and then claim yourself.

So is swapping the entire NA engine for a turbo lump a minor mod? What if the person is involved in a fatal? Then it comes to light the engine was never declared?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Sorry I do not mean to sound cantankerous, just I feel these things should be right from the off. If I was selling a car with a turbo engine it would be declared on the paperwork as such. This looks a nice car, really it does not matter the buyer can declare it if they wish. Which personally I would think would be the best practice to avoid any future complications. Again the car looks nice so I hope us spamming the thread up does not affect the sale, maybe it can be tidied up and let the OP get on with selling it. The original post has been edited after all.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

D4N_V_U wrote:
If its just minor mods that haven't been declared then you can pay the difference in the policy that it would have been declared and then claim yourself.

So is swapping the entire NA engine for a turbo lump a minor mod? What if the person is involved in a fatal? Then it comes to light the engine was never declared?

No, it wouldn't be. Should the worst happen and you're at fault, then your insurer would pay the third party and seek to recover costs from you.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Above is correct. Another informative yet probably useless piece of information is if your car is stolen and damages other peoples property then your insurance has to pay out only if the thief is caught charged and prosecuted. If the thief gets away then the other persons whose property was damaged has to claim from their own insurance.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”