[FINALIZED] Rev 1 UK 3SGE 2L16V

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scruff

Rev 1 UK 3SGE 2L16V

Post by Scruff »

My MR2 is for sale due to not having the spare time or cash to spend on it. I bought the car as I'd always intended on taking a trip through Normandy later this year but that won't be happening as I now have a wedding to save for.

She is mot'd until May 21st but SORN'd so no road tax. I have a thread in the members profiles section to show what I have done to the car since I bought it back in September I think it was.

The paint was originally very flat but a couple of days polishing has brought the colour back nicely. There was a bit of lacquer peeling off the roof which is why I had a go at plasti dip. It came out rather well I thought. The original boot was bent and the welds had broken inside. As I couldn't find another boot the same colour, I decided to have a go at carbon wrap. It's not the neatest job in the world but I think it looks alright. It has a turbo engine cover and a rev 3 lip too!

The wheels were resprayed by myself (BK121 - Rota Torque lookalikes?) and all have very legal tyres, at least 7mm on each I believe. They have 5mm spacers as the fronts were very close to touching the suspension. The brake calipers have been painted black.

The only engine mod is an induction kit which was already fitted. It works fine and there are no leaks as far as I can tell but I'm 99% sure the pipe isn't right for this car. Looks like an eBay special. Never the less, it gives a nice sound. Mileage is 111670.

I'd intended on lowering the car too as I thought it would finish the look off nicely.

In all, not a bad little car which someone could probably make money from by breaking if nothing else. I don't have the time or space for something like this.

There are a couple of extras, a gear shift bearing kit, a blanking plate that fits between the rear lights, the original air box and the original 14" wheels which can all go with it.

Bad points - the battery is pretty flat but will start and run from a jump. Just needs a good charge I think. There is a bit of rust coming through on the passenger side sill. The lighter doesn't work and neither does the aerial. The motor seems to work ok but it doesn't drive the mast up.

I'm going to ask £500 but am very open to offers.

The car is in Crawley, West Sussex
Scruff

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev 1 UK 3SGE 2L16V

Post by Scruff »

Bumpitty bump

C'mon guys, any reasonable offer will be considered.
Scruff

Post by Scruff »

Potentially sold.
gavsdavs

Post by gavsdavs »

bargain for 500 - hope it shifts....
Scruff

Post by Scruff »

Looks like we're back up for sale. The guy never showed up :-k