[Mk2] [Turbo] L19 ARP head studs Vs Normal ARP studs? Do i really need L19s?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RyanRs

[Mk2] [Turbo] L19 ARP head studs Vs Normal ARP studs? Do i really need L19s?

Post by RyanRs »

I already have a set of normal ARP 3sgte studs, however as i am now upgrading the bottom end to a 5s block due to my 3s block failing, i wonder weather it would be a good idea to upgrade to L19 head studs?

I will be pushing the engine to produce around about 600~650 whp , currently at 485 whp, Perhaps using the HTA3582r turbocharger thats currently on there or a precision 6766 if the HTA struggles.

Are the L19's necessary and worthwhile upgrade considering i already have normal ARP's? I would rather save myself £250 and not have to buy them unless they are 100% needed?

Thanks.
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] L19 ARP head studs Vs Normal ARP studs? Do i really need L19s?

Post by ashley »

How much boost are you planning to run? I'd have thought you'll be alright upto 2 - 2.2bar of boost :-k
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] L19 ARP head studs Vs Normal ARP studs? Do i really need L19s?

Post by Peter Gidden »

ashley wrote:How much boost are you planning to run? I'd have thought you'll be alright upto 2 - 2.2bar of boost :-k

Simon's been running 32psi with no problem.

Return to “Modifications”