[Mk2] [Generic] Meister Zeta R

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SrSilkie

[Mk2] [Generic] Meister Zeta R

Post by SrSilkie »

In need of coilovers and im looking toward a set of Meister Zeta R's purely because they are well priced and designed for uk roads.

Has anyone had experience with these coilovers?
juliankv73

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Meister Zeta R

Post by juliankv73 »

Pm Gtech on here!

He's got good feedback on them :thumleft:
gtech

Post by gtech »

The Meister R's are superb coilovers. I had a set on for approx 18months, ride height was dropped around 30mm and ride setting was on 16 of 32 and no word of a lie, the ride was far better than OEM.

You find yourself deliberately going for pot holes as you just don't feel them, the suspension takes it all in its stride.

These are a double-perch system, which means you can drop the ride height without it affecting the quality of ride, so you can have it slammed right down, but still get a superb ride.

After being on for 18months, a quick wiped down brought them back looking like brand new. They have a special coating on them so they wont corrode with the salt on our roads, and therefore wont have the issues with the lock rings seizing up.

Guy who runs the show is superb, and is willing to swap spring rates etc to make sure you are happy.

They come with anodised pillow ball mounts. The adjusters are easily accessible to adjust from SOFT to HARD.
DEFINITELY BUY THESE :mrgreen:
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

gtech wrote:The Meister R's are superb coilovers. I had a set on for approx 18months, ride height was dropped around 30mm and ride setting was on 16 of 32 and no word of a lie, the ride was far better than OEM.

They come with anodised pillow ball mounts. The adjusters are easily accessible to adjust from SOFT to HARD.

Hey Graeme,

I see you have Tein suspension from your sig, why did you change from Meister R's to Teins?

Is it mainly for track etc or a more planted feel :-k

My Dad has a V6 Mr2 now and just considering options..
gtech

Post by gtech »

Ignore that ..... I never got round to changing sig. I orginally had the Teins on, and to be honest I nearly got rid of the car the ride was so hard.

I then went to standard struts with PI Springs, before ending up with the Meister R. They really are superb coilovers, well put together and the companies support is superb.

If you speak to the guy you can usually negotiate a very decent discount. I would not go back to any other coilover.

The double-perch on these are to me, what puts them ahead of others, as you can get the look by dropping the height right down, and it wont affect the quality of ride.

Then if you are doing the track. 3 min job to change from soft to hard.

Cannot praise them enough. The Subaru guys love them.

Got to go for the Meister R's
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
gtech

Post by gtech »

juliankv73 wrote:
gtech wrote:The Meister R's are superb coilovers. I had a set on for approx 18months, ride height was dropped around 30mm and ride setting was on 16 of 32 and no word of a lie, the ride was far better than OEM.

Hey Graeme,

I see you have Tein suspension from your sig, why did you change from Meister R's to Teins?

Is it mainly for track etc or a more planted feel :-k

My Dad has a V6 Mr2 now and just considering options..

If your dad is anything like me, he will appreciate the ability to change the stance but retain a quality ride...... My bones are too old for this "bone shattering" stuff :-)
msherry21

Post by msherry21 »

Where is the best place to buy these? I have shocks and springs, about to put in Koni inserts but these coilovers really sound tempting...

Cheers, Michael.
Http://www.planet-wax.com, Mobile Car Valet & Car Detailing based in Glasgow.
gtech

Post by gtech »

Hi Michael,

Go through the website http://www.meisterr.com/

Really cannot praise these enough, I'm not the only one who has driven the car and got a shock at how comfortable the ride is, and with the suspension dropped, I think it shocks you at first because you dont normally get such comfort with Coilovers.

Chaps one of the good guys, and will always be willing to discuss MONEY ;-)

Graeme
Donato

Post by Donato »

I'm currently running them on my MR2. Just completed a 3000mile roadtrip and i don't have a bad word to say about them. Absolutely superb. The softest setting isn't that much stiffer than standard. But the way it stops body roll and handles are amazing.

They stay in good condition too with the protective layer on them. I swapped my HSD MonoPro's to these and the difference in ride quality is night and day. They come with shorter front droplinks too :thumleft:
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

I've just bought a set of these for my T-bar, I'll be fitting them in the next few days.

I had a discount code for 10% off, PM me and I'll try and find it for you because it was a universal forum code.
msherry21

Post by msherry21 »

I have organised a Group buy with them if anyone is interested? I can get 15% off with over 5 orders.

I'll set a group buy up and see if we can get the numbers.

Cheers, Michael.
Http://www.planet-wax.com, Mobile Car Valet & Car Detailing based in Glasgow.
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Excellent feedback guys im certain on these now, The fact that they are designed for the uk roads with regards to the protective layer and the ability to lower the car and still retain a tolerable ride is exactly what I wanted to hear as I can very easily find myself on a B road out my way.

I am now in the group buy...juliankv73 get involved!!

Return to “Modifications”