Poly bush kit differences

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

add heywood

Poly bush kit differences

Post by add heywood »

Is there any difference in the kits revision wise...? I have a rev 3 1996 'N' reg. can I just buy any kit or are they specific to different years. i wouldnt need the arb bushes as I'll have big 25mm ones on soon.

Thanks

Add
HighwayStar

Re: Poly bush kit differences

Post by HighwayStar »

Specific to revs I believe since elements of the suspension were altered between them. Certainly rev 1 differs to the rev 3 kit but unsure on a rev2. Give Rogue a buzz for more info plus they sell the Prothane kit I have had on mine for about 4 years now... no more noise or harshness just better feel and response. It's all just... tighter.

R.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Poly bush kit differences

Post by toxo »

Rev 1 has different front arms, so the bushes for that are different. The rest is the same across all revs except for anti roll bar bushes which are a bit of a minefield. They aren't normally included with the polybush kit though, so you can check your existing ARB bushes and order the correct ones separately. The size is stamped on the side of the stock bush, and you can also just measure the thickness of the ARB.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”