time for a better sound system

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kevs aw11

time for a better sound system

Post by kevs aw11 »

Hi all
after ideas on uprating sound system looks like the rear ones are a lot smaller any ideas would be great
thanks kev
un1eash

Re: time for a better sound system

Post by un1eash »

Not many easy options for the mk1 as you have 4” speakers in the front and 3.5" in the rear. These produce little or no bass so a small active sub behind or under the seat is an option. Some build sub boxes but there isn't space if you have the seat all the way back.

I currently run infinity kappa speakers all round and an alpine swe-1000 sub in the passenger foot well. Have had a swd-1600 in the past also which isn't bad but the swe gives a little more punch.
kevs aw11

Post by kevs aw11 »

Thanks its a starting point, my rear speakers are not working, so need to replace will start looking at 3.5 speakers and take it from there, also I want to keep it standard so speakers need to fit in original housing
thanks kev
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I've got a custom made box for behind the passenger seat along with the 10" JL Audio W3 V2 sub powered by an old school but very powerful Phoenix Gold XS2500 i'm looking to get rid of if your interested?

It kicks out 400 watts rms all day long and sounds wicked in such a small cabin space that the mr2 has!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”